That's right! Due to popular demand during the last Sandbox and recent calls for showcasing of more excellent Fanon pages, the Conception Tournament is back again. Unlike the second Tournament, I promise that this time there will be no surprise Finales or Grand Finales.
This time, pages are going to be held to higher standards in order to be nominated. Pages must not only meet Fanon Policies, but exceed them. These tournaments are for the best of the best, and last time the tournament was held, many pages were moved into the Userspace for being subpar. This time to ensure that doesn't happen. We will also not allow incomplete pages, as despite a page being barely finished, it won a category in the tournament before.
The requirements that must be met for a nomination to be added are:
- One infobox or two images.
- The Author, Collab, or Fanon template. (Public will not be allowed here, as rewards are designed to go not just to a page but a user as well. Fanon template also counts towards infobox for the above requirement)
- A minimum of five inline links to other wiki pages (Fanon, [[:Arras:|Arras.io]], or Diep.io pages only; links to user-space pages or external links do not count). Links in navboxes or infoboxes also do not count.
- At least three sections, with a minimum of three sentences each.
- Proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling thoroughly and consistently throughout.
Pages automatically disqualified from nomination:
- Pages that have won a Conception Tournament in the past. Pages that were nominated in prior tournaments, but did not win any categories, are allowed to re-enter again as long as they meet the above requirements.
- Pages marked as Public. Awards go not just to pages but their creators. A Public conception would have too many contributors to discern someone with an award.
- Collabs with more than three people. As before, awards go to users as well. In the Second Conception Tournament were many Collabs, and deciding who awards went to was a problem on numerous occasions. With at most three, we can judge easily who contributed the most or have the collaborators decide among each other who gets the medal.
- Conceptions with absolutely absurd statistics or scenarios to where their inclusion to a game or Diep.io in any form would result in it becoming trivial (OP Conceptions).
Nominations come on a "first come, first serve" basis. All pages are meant to be of high quality, so even if another good page comes along after a category has been filled, it will unfortunately have to be left out.
There are seven categories that can be entered into (Other has been removed from prior Tournaments due to a large lack of entries consistently in the past).
Tanks (16/16): Swordsman, Excalibur, Vulcan, Minesweeper, Sprayblaster, Hardscope, Quin-Trapper, Thorpedo, Knife, Archer, Striker, Spinner, Repulsive Smasher, Arsenal, Missiler, Minelayer
Polygons (8/8): Pinwheel, Awoken Polygons, Nonagon Phages, Dark Polygons, Project Nest, Thrashers, Deletos,
Enemies (4/4): Starships, Clone Drone, Puncher, Executioners
Game Modes (8/8): Blitz, Cosmic Mode, Realm of Sassafras, World War, Iron Fort, Ultra Boss Mode, Crasher Warfare, Deity Mode
Game Mechanics (8/8): IE Energy, Pickups, Tank Database, Utilities, Tier 5, Falling, Tankit, Aura.
Simple Bosses (8/8): Klonen, Triad, The Nightmare of All Polygons, Ghost, Corona, Barge of the Polygons, The Sentinel, Multitool VII
Complex Bosses (8/8): The Grim Reaper, Lord Sassafras, Titanititan, Ghostlight Swordsman, Frenemy, Colossus Serpentes, Zodiac, Pulsar
- Tanks: Playable classes. They can be of any Tier or level.
- Polygons: The shapes that award points throughout the arena. This also includes Crashers and other polygonal-based entities that are not bosses. Things such as Squares or Pentagons.
- Enemies: Non-Crasher, boss, or polygon entities that attack players.
- Game Modes: The different types of ways to play the game, such as FFA or Domination.
- Game Mechanics: Additions and features that can change the way the game is played or are central to playing it, such as the Leveling system or stat points. A prior winning example would be Fortresses.
- Simple Bosses: Bosses like those in Diep.io, simple with little pattern, such as the Defender or Guardian, even Truzz.
- Complex Bosses: Bosses with complicated patterns, multiple phases, or attack selection lists, such as The Spaceship, or the Archprophet.
Nominations end February 23rd, 2018. Two weeks from today. So happy nominating!
Update: Nominations extended to March 3rd and category nomination maximum reduced to 8 so they fill in the time. Tanks was exempt due to already having above 8 nominees.