The Arras.io is a fan-made sequel to the Diep.io. The player controls a simple Tank, called the Basic, and attacks the Polygons and other players in various ways to level up and upgrade their Tank to the next level, very similar to the Diep.io.
- Main article: Arras:Game Modes
Free For All (FFA)
The player will spawn in the arena at Level 1, like every other gamemode, as the Basic ready to travel anywhere and work its way to the top, having no special attributes except its one cannon.
The main goal in Free For All is to work one's way to the top of the Leaderboard. To raise its level higher than 1, the player must destroy enemy Tanks or Polygons.
In the Teams mode, the players will spawn as one of 2-4 teams' members, and work together with other players on the same team. The players can't hurt other players in the same team.
The main goal for this mode is to dominate the Leaderboard with their teams' players.
Maze works much like FFA with one key difference; the arena is littered with randomized walls to create a maze.
The players normally spawn on the outskirts of the maze, but can sometimes spawn in the center instead. Fights often break out along the borders of the arena.
Like Maze the mode takes place in a maze, but with two differences: One, the maze is preset and isn't randomized; Two, players spawn in one of two team bases on opposite corners of the field.
Also known as D-Day, this is a variant of 2TDM Maze with Blue and Red teams. In this mode, there is an increased number of Blue players versus the number of Red players. The Red team spawns in a preset maze covering the bottom half of the arena, filled with Dominators. The maze counts as the Red team's base, and they must successfully defend the base and dominators from the Blue team until a timer counts down to 0. If at least half of the dominators are destroyed the timer stops, resetting when this is no longer the case. The Blue team spawns along the top of the arena and have the goal of infiltrating the Red base, destroying all dominators in the base to open up a door to a final dominator placed in the center of the Red's spawn area, and destroying the final dominator. They can also indefinitely prolong the match by destroying at least half of the dominators in the base.
Gamemodes that aren't currently available will have the regular white text. Gamemodes that have green-colored text are currently available, while gamemodes with yellow-colored text are also available but as an event (and therefore may not be available in the future).
- FFA Maze
- FFA Portal Maze
- FFA Maze
- 2TDM Maze
- Portal 2TDM
- Open 2TDM
- Open Portal 2TDM
- 2TDM Maze
- Portal 3TDM
- Open 3TDM
- Open Portal 3TDM
- Space 3TDM
- Portal 4TDM
- Open 4TDM
- Open Portal 4TDM
- 2 Team Domination
- Open 2 Team Domination
- 2 Team Maze Domination
- Open 2 Team Maze Domination
- 3 Team Domination
- Open 3 Team Domination
- 3 Team Maze Domination
- Open 3 Team Maze Domination
- 4 Team Domination
- 4 Team Maze Domination
- Maze Mothership
- Portal Mothership
- Portal Maze Mothership
- Open Mothership
- Open Maze Mothership
- Open Portal Maze Mothership
- Open Maze Mothership
- Main article: Arras:Controls
- Movement: WASD or
- W or
↑for up, A or
←for left, S or
↓for down, D or
- W or
- Aiming: Mouse - the Tank will point toward the player’s mouse. Note for auto-Tanks: The player must hold left click while pointing at its target to temporarily disable the automatic responses of the weapons of the Auto-3, Auto-5, Auto-4, and Mega-3. This does not apply for automatic turrets on top of Tanks and drones.
- Shooting (and Drones control): Left click or space bar. Hold works too if clicking many times is disliked. One can press “E” for Auto Fire.
- Drone Repel: Right click - Drones from the Drone classes (Overseer, Overlord, Manager, Necromancer, etc.) will move away from the mouse.
- Secondary Gun: Right click to fire. Note: There is no Auto Fire control for this type of weapon.
- Upgrade Stats: Press the number key shown next to the upgrade stat or click on stat to upgrade.
- Max a Stat: Press M and stat number at the same time to instantly max a stat.
- Auto Fire: Press E to turn on Auto Fire - the Tank will shoot continuously without the need to hold the mouse down. Press E again to turn Auto Fire off. If its Tank is the Drone Tank, this control will disable all automatic responses for the Drones (except the Turrets on the Drones of the Overdrive).
- Auto Spin:' Press C to turn on Auto Spin - the Tank will spin slowly, no matter what one’s mouse is doing. Press C again to turn Auto Spin off.
- Disable Automatic Weapons (Enable Override): Press R to prevent automatic weapons from acting. Press R again to re-enable them.
- Reverse Tank: Press V to activate. This will make the front of the Tank point the opposite direction of the mouse. Press V again to deactivate.
- Level Up: Hold down N to gain a level (Disabled on some Game Modes).
- Upgrade Class: Press the letter next to the class name to upgrade its Tank or click on the Tank the player wish to upgrade to.
- Show Upgrade Tree: Press and hold T.
- Record Gameplay: Press Z to activate, press Z again to end video recording. If "Ask where to save each file before downloading" in Chrome or similar is selected, the player will be prompted to save the file as soon as it ends the recording so make sure to find a safe place to stop and save its file.
- Server and Client Stats: Press L to see latency info, FPS, server name, etc.
Arras.io features a huge variety of playable classes. Players start off as the “Basic”s, which shoots a single Bullet for each firing cycle, and they have to work their way up from there. On Level 10, 25, and 45, they go up a Tier, which unlocks new, powerful classes.
Stats can be upgraded by spending Skill Points. Skill Points are awarded every so often when upgrading a level.
- Body Damage - Increases the damage done by body collisions
- Max Health - Increases the maximum amount of health
- Bullet Speed - Increases the ammunition velocity
- Bullet Health - Increases ammunition health
- Bullet Penetration - Increases how long ammunition lasts after a collision
- Bullet Damage - Increases the damage done by ammunition
- Reload - Increases rate of fire
- Movement Speed - Increases the Tank’s speed of movement
- Shield Regeneration - Increases how quickly Shield regenerates
- Shield Capacity - Increases the size of Shield
Sometimes, grey Tanks may appear in the Arras.io. They are controlled by the AI, and their state ranges from the small Basic to a fully-fledged Level 45. They also have "ai_" before their names and have a single random word as their name. The AI appears to be somewhat intelligent, as it is able to use recoil, but it is not able to move away from an enemy base.
See the entire changelog here.
Mockup Version 0.0.1
Mockup version 0.0.1 was released on October 7th, 2017. It contains most of the original Tanks, excluding the Drone and Trapper classes. The Tier system has changed, with Tiers 2, 3, and 4 unlocking at levels 10, 25, and 45 respectively.
There were some changes to the stats, including a new mechanic, the shield. The Bullet Penetration stat has been split into two new stats: a new Bullet Penetration and BulletSstrength. The new Bullet Penetration determines how much the Bullets bounce off an object. Bullet strength is the same as the old Bullet penetration.
There were no Crashers in the game at this point. A small circle referred to as an "egg" had been added. Also added was the beta pentagon, a smaller version of the alpha pentagon.
Mockup Version 0.0.1.1
Mockup version 0.0.1.1 was released on October 8th, 2017. It introduced newcomer Tanks.
Mockup Version 0.0.1.2
Mockup version 0.0.1.2 was also released on October 8th, 2017. It introduced a death screen.
Mockup Version 0.0.1.4
Mockup Version 0.0.1.4 was released on October 16th, 2017.  This version introduced drone and trapper classes.
Early web version
An early web version of Arras.io was revealed in a screenshot on October 10th, 2017, showing changes to the mockup version. 
The most notable change is the color scheme, which more closely resembles Diep.io. The web version switched to Canvas rendering, the one Diep.io uses.
Discord Beta Patches
On October 25th, 2017 developer Neph opened a server on Discord for beta testing. 
To reduce server cost/strain, a limited number of tokens were implemented, requiring a valid unused token to play the game.
On November 22, 2017, Neph created a new server based in Newark, for players living in or near the US.
Only One Server
When Arras.io was updated to Remove tokens, all Tokyo and Newark servers were fused into a Server for Virginia, for open shifts.
World records can be seen here: Arras.io World Records Spreadsheet
If you think you beat a world record, you can submit your record here: Arras.io World Records Submissions
Please do not spam the submission page with useless things because it makes it really hard for WR managers to validate actual records.
Note: Your browser or antivirus might not allow you to access the submissions page due to the page tracking your IP address. There is nothing we can do about that if you are not on the arras.io discord.
Grow the Arras pages!
We need more Arras pages. Type the title to the box, and create the page!
Note: Tank pages only
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/Diepio/comments/74tbdr/cloning_diep/
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/Diepio/comments/75frll/longpost_diep2io_needs_your_help/
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/Diepio/comments/76qpy5/diep2io_mockup_update_build_0014_adds_traps_and/?st=j8xcjyvx&sh=73e4570f
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/Diepio/comments/75ewvl/hey_guys_you_know_how_that_thing_was_only_a/
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/Diepio/comments/7blmlg/some_more_diep2io_update_cool_stuff/