The Basic is the Tank that the player uses once they spawn into the game in Arras.io. It is the only Tier 1 tank in Arras.io. It possesses one Cannon which shoots one Bullet at a time in a straight path, with slight recoil. The Basic may further upgrade into the Twin, Sniper, Machine Gun, Flank Guard, Director, Pounder, or the Trapper at level 15. It may also upgrade into the Smasher at level 30, and into the Single at level 45.
The Basic features a circular base with a Cannon mounted at the front. The Basic’s color and the color of its ammunition are decided by which team it belongs to in team modes, or whether the tank is yours in FFA modes.
The Basic has very average stats, its Bullets with no upgrades can kill Squares in 5 hits, Triangles in 19 hits, and Pentagons in 48 hits. Its movement speed gets slower as the Level gets higher. It has 20 HP without any upgrades, around the same as 2 squares.
- Strong Against: Tanks of same level or below, Tanks with low reload, rammers, Hexa Tank branches, Sniper branches, and Non-Focused Fire Tanks.
- Weak Against: Overseer branches, focused fire Tanks (like Streamliners, Triplets and Nailguns).
As the Basic
- Tanks of same level or lower are a good target because the Basic’s firepower is frighteningly effective for what seems like a useless base, able to take out an enemy Tank in two shots in some cases.
- If using a ramming build, the player may attempt to play like defenseless and an easy kill for enemies, which may lower their guard and making them vulnerable to surprise attacks.
- The Basic’s reload can outperform and eventually destroy lower reload Basics.
- If upgrading, head for Polygons, low-level Tanks, and if possible, high-level Tanks with critically low health.
- Against high FoV tanks like the Sniper, the player should either try to dodge the shots while slowly circling closer until they are close enough to engage them or retreat to teammates for help. Again, with the general rule of thumb in mind, use the first strategy if it is clear that the enemy tank is a lower to equal level to the player.
- The Basic is quite effective against non-focused fire tanks such as the Octo Tank and the Cyclone. Its bullets can easily penetrate through the spread-out wall of these tanks.
Against the Basic
- If the Basic is the same level as the player, take care when approaching it, because some may use the Basic as their main class that game instead of just as a base to upgrade later.
- If using a low reload tank like the Destroyer, it’s preferable not to engage an equal- or higher-level Basic, as its moderate reload may outperform them.
- If using a rammer build, use a surprise attack against the Basic, as otherwise, its bullets can slowly chip away health.
- If the Basic’s bullets aren’t doing any damage, be cautious as it could be using a rammer build. Stay some certain distance away from it while firing over it. Alternatively, a Smasher could ram it and survive.
- Snipers can easily kill Basics as any of its upgrades has a much higher FoV and can position shots between the Basic’s bullets, taking its HP down quickly. Be noted that they have slightly lower reload, though.
- Drone tanks are effective against the Basic as it lacks enough guns or firepower to defend against the drones. Underseer-branch tanks are even better, unless they are low on drones, on which it is better to run away.
- As any Overseer upgrade, the player have a slight FoV advantage over the Basic, allowing for surprise attacks that can kill it before being realized. However, if the Basic becomes aware of them, avoiding bullets becomes a priority. Beware as the Auto Turrets on the Auto-Overseer and Overdrive’s drones may give away position.
- As a Cruiser class tank, the player can easily hit the Basic and kill it slowly. Be sure to avoid its bullets while doing so.
- The Artillery and the Mortar are surprisingly effective against the Basic as well as their main bullet can out-penetrate the bullets of the Basic.
- Trap Guard is effective, as its frontal cannon is the same, while it has a trap cannon too.
- On April 1st 2018, the Basic was also able to upgrade to the Master, a joke tank which was removed the next day.
- Beta Testers may “upgrade” to this tank when using a Beta Tester tank.
- Said tanks cannot be played under regular means.
This section contains bugs related to Basic. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
|Click to Show Bug List|
- Removed upgrade option. Only available on April 1st 2018.