|This page needs some cleanup. Please refer to the Style Guide for more information. |
Details: Summary about Legionary Crashers, update some piece of trivia as some of them may no longer be true, as well as moving some images to the correct location.
The Bosses (aka Visitors) are AI-controlled large Tanks in Arras.io, that spawn randomly upon certain conditions. There are currently twenty one types of Bosses, five of them being the Elite Crashers, the second “group” (aka Strange Bosses) being the Rogue Palisade, Elite Skimmer, the Summoner and the Nest Keeper, five of them being the Celestials, three Rogue Celestials, one Eternal (Kronos), Ragnarok, and the last one being the Legionary Crasher. They are far stronger than regular tanks and award 20,000 to 70,000 XP to the player(s) who deals the final blow upon defeat. Bosses can gain XP like other tanks and polygons, which allows the XP reward to grow much higher than 70,000XP.
- 1 Technical
- 2 Bosses List
- 2.1 Elite Crashers
- 2.2 Rogue Palisade
- 2.3 Elite Skimmer
- 2.4 Summoner
- 2.5 Nest Keeper
- 2.6 Celestial
- 2.7 Rogue Celestials
- 2.8 Ragnarok
- 2.9 Kronos
- 2.10 Legionary Crasher
- 3 Trivia
The Bosses usually have buffed stats, but some of them are nerfed. These are the Bosses’ stats compared with the Basic:
- FoV: ×1.3 (Hunter ~ Assassin)
- Speed: ×0.1 ~ 0.15
- Health: ×1.5 ~ 2
- Shield: ×1.25 ~ 2
- Body Damage: ×2.5 ~ 3
Also, all of the bosses have a build of 7/5/8/8/2/3/10/7/7/0.
The Bosses spawn at least 10 minutes after the previous Boss is defeated or the server starts; the spawning chance increases as time passes. If multiple spawn, they will always be different types/variants of bosses (there can’t be multiple of the same kind).
- Main article: Arras:Elite Crasher
This variant has a wide Cannon on each side called “Devastator Cannon”, and an Auto Turret which looks like the Triplet in the center, though the firing pattern is different from the Triplet’s. The Devastator Cannons’ Bullets are bigger and stronger than the Annihilator’s. Also, it spawns normal Crashers.
It is weak against bullet spammers that can nullify the boss’s Turret.
This variant has two Auto Turrets on its front sides. These turrets each have two Gunner cannons. The Gunner Cannons don’t do so much damage but have fast firing rate. This Elite Crasher also has a large launcher that shoots out Pillboxes, much like those used by the Engineer. There is also two short spikes that stick out on the Elite Crasher’s front, as well as another two on its back side.
It is weak against tanks with upgraded health to absorb damage from Pillboxes and tanks with high damage output such as the Destroyer.
This boss can be easily overpowered with a Destroyer-branch or with a team of bullet spammers.
Teamwork is recommended to take out this Boss due to its multiple strengths.
This variant have 3 spawners (one on each side) and they each spawn sentries. This boss also have an auto turret which looks like a twin in the center and fires similar to it.
This boss is relatively easy to counter with nearly every tank due to it's low defense and damage which also makes it the weakest and easiest boss to fight.
- Main article: Arras:Rogue Palisade
The Rogue Palisade has 6 Trap Launchers and 6 Minion Spawners and has a Hexagon body. While the Spawners spawn 12 minions, the spawn rate is sluggish therefore it usually doesn’t get the chance to spawn a lot of drones.
Beware when battling it as even though the drones don’t deal tons of damage, the amount of them and their health prevent you from directly attacking the Rogue Palisade. If you don’t pay attention to these drones, you will be dead in no time.
- Main article: Arras:Elite Skimmer
The Elite Skimmer has a triangular body with color of the Triangle, and has a Skimmer Turret on each side that shoots Hyper Missiles. These Hyper Missiles have four cannons arranged similarly to the Fighter but without the front cannon, and travel fairly fast while resisting high damage.
This Boss can easily catch tanks that aren’t careful with their movement, but is weak against larger groups of tanks, especially with more balanced stats or those of glass cannons that can steer clear of its Missiles and their bullets.
- Main article: Arras:Summoner
The drones deal minimal damage, but their large amount can quickly kill tanks, particularly if they cannot easily escape away from it. Some of the crowd-control tanks like Octo Tank or Penta Shot are effectively at minimalizing its threat, and may even quickly defeat it.
- Main article: Arras:Nest Keeper
The Nest Keeper features five Twin Auto Turrets, one Boomer Auto Turret, and five Drone Spawners. It is the only boss to feature a Pentagon shape, as well as the only tank in the game to feature a Boomer Auto Turret.
Teamwork is almost always needed to kill the tank. The drones which it spawns are very slow, but deal massive amounts of damage, so they must be kept an eye on to them. The Boomer Auto Turret however deals tons of damage and is much faster, as well as the boomerang projectiles being quite resistant on damage as well, making it difficult to damage the Nest Keeper if the turret is focused against the player.
- Main article: Arras:Celestial
The Celestial is a Boss known for being much stronger than most other Bosses. Majority of them spawns mainly as being part of Siege, but also has an extremely rare chance to spawn on other game modes. Most of them consist of three layers (with the notable exception being Ragnarok), with the bottommost nonagon-shaped layer always consisting of Trapper auto turrets.
Zaphkiel is the light red Celestial, using five Skimmer turrets for its topmost pentagon layer and seven Director drone spawners for its middle heptagon layer. The Skimmer missiles are similar to the Elite Skimmer’s, but smaller.
Theia is the yellow Celestial, using five hyper Twister turrets for its topmost pentagon layer and seven Summoner drone spawners for its middle heptagon layer. The Twister missiles have four cannons instead of two.
Rogue Celestials are generally weaker and smaller than regular Celestials they are the rarest bosses to spawn, given that it is the only bosses to spawn only outside siege.
The Rogue Celestial, also known as Alviss, is the only Celestial member to not appear in Siege, and can only appear in other game modes except FFA and Sandbox. It has the same dark coloration with Rogue Palisade, but uses similar weapons with other Celestials. It uses five Launcher turrets for its topmost pentagon layer and seven turrets each with single drone spawner that spawns Egg drones.
Ragnarok spawns exclusively in Siege as the final Boss of the game mode to be picked between Ragnarok and Kronos, as well as being tied with Kronos being the strongest of them all. It is notable for its extremely large size, as well as its body consisting of four layers instead of the usual three of the Celestials. Its topmost pentagon layer consist of five Gunner Cruiser turrets, which have two cannons and two Cruiser spawners, while the second topmost heptagon layer has seven unique cannons that fire Auto-Smasher-shaped projectiles. Its second bottommost nonagon layer has nine Gem-shaped drone spawners, and the bottommost hendecagon layer has eleven Trapper auto turrets. It has extremely high health and resistance to damage.
Kronos just like Ragnarok spawns exclusively in Siege as the final Boss of the game mode to be picked between Ragnarok and Kronos, as well as being tied with Ragnarok being the strongest of them all. It is notable for its extremely large size, as well as its body consisting of four layers instead of the usual three of the Celestials. Its topmost pentagon layer consist of five Triplet Style turrets, which have three cannons but with their middle cannons replaced with that of Machine Gun, while the second topmost heptagon layer has seven seven Carrier auto turrets that behave like the players. Its second bottommost nonagon layer has nine Skimmer-like auto turrets, with the shorter, overlapping cannon having wider opening often known as 'Alpha Skimmer Missiles.', and the bottommost hendecagon layer has eleven Trapper auto turrets. It has extremely high health and resistance to damage.
- The Summoner is the only boss with a direct counterpart in Diep.io and Woomy Arras.io.
- The Rogue Palisade is the only known entity in Arras.io to spawn Minions and with a maximum of 12 of these.
- Actually, now Tyr and Nyx can spawn them too.
- Before any of the Strange bosses spawn, a notification “A strange trembling...” is shown first.
- The Celestials also have their own unique notification: “The world tremors as the celestials are reborn anew!”
- The Rogue Celestials also have their own unique notification: “The darkness arrives and the realms are ripped apart!”
- Ragnarok also has its own unique notification upon its spawn in Siege: “The reality comes to an end as Ragnarok finally arrives!”. This befits its status for being one of two final Bosses of said game mode.
- Kronos also has its own unique notification upon its spawn in Siege: “Do you believe in Ragnarok?”. This befits its status for being one of two final Bosses of said game mode.
- The only Bosses to not use any types of Drones as of yet are the Elite Gunner, Elite Sprayer, and Elite Skimmer.
- Bosses can earn XP when they kill tanks. This is easily noticeable in Siege, particularly with stronger Bosses like Ragnarok.
- Bosses are on the same team with Polygons, and such, cannot be hurt by them, and vice versa.
- Sentries and Arena Closers also cannot kill them, due to also being part of that team.
- Because Polygons can reside in a player team’s Base unharmed (unless a Base Protector is present), bosses can attack players inside a base. Most cases happen in Assault, due to the lack of Base Protectors for the blue team, as well as Bosses mostly spawning fairly close to them.
- Out of all the bosses in arras.io, the Elite Gunner is the only boss that doesn’t auto-spin as of an update.
- The Elite Sprayer is the only boss to be fully reworked.
- If you kill an unnamed boss (most notably in Siege), the message will say “You killed a visiting [type of boss].”
- Ragnarok is formerly considered a Celestial variant, before becoming its own Boss type.
- Kronos was previously known as Eternal, back when it was not officially added as a final Boss for Siege.
- Alviss, Tyr, and Fiolnir, all called Rogue Celestials, are the rarest Bosses to spawn outside of Siege.
- If you spawn next to/in a boss, as long as you don't move or shoot, you can deal massive damage to a boss.
- If an Elite Gunner spawns without a target, it will face right. This could apply for all bosses, however all other bosses have auto-spin enabled so it’s hard to tell.
|Elite Crashers • Elite Skimmer • Rogue Palisade • Summoner • Nest Keeper • Celestials • Rogue Celestials • Ragnarok • Kronos • Legionary Crasher|