The Gunner Trapper is one of the Tier 4 Tanks in Arras.io and can be upgraded from the Trap Guard or the Gunner at level 45. It cannot upgrade further, as it is a level 45 Tier 4 Tank. It's upgrade keys are
U (Trap Guard) and
The Gunner Trapper has two Barrels and one Launcher giving it access to both Bullets and Traps. The barrels can be found on the front side, where 2 small bullets are shot from them, similarly to the Twin. Moreover, the Trap Launcher can be found on the back side and this is where Traps are launched from.
- Strong Against: Slow Rammers, low Reload and low Penetration Tanks.
- Weak Against: Director-Branched Classes, High DPS classes, Higher Penetration Tanks, Fast Rammers.
As the Gunner Trapper
- If used correctly, the Gunner Trapper (and other trapper classes) can be a major threat to the Penta Shot and similar tanks. The Gunner Trapper can build barricades with its traps from which it can then turn around and shoot against the target; its traps being strong enough to protect it from bullet damage for certain periods of time.
- With enough timing the player can run the cursor through the body of the tank very fast, over and over, so that the Gunner Trapper turns one way and then the other, deploying Traps and Bullets in one direction while missing as little bullets as possible. They must be careful though. This may not be very effective against bullet spammers, against them it is best to keep shooting and running away, you should avoid them unless they are a Penta Shot or a Spread Shot, in which case the strategy above may be useful.
- The Gunner Trapper’s can “ghost” through the enemy’s bullets, meaning that the tank’s projectiles are small enough to go right through the enemy’s stream without taking enough collisions to disappear.
- Though strong enough to hold against 1-2 enemy tanks, the traps of the Gunner Trapper can’t stave off a full-on assault. If such a scenario occurs, retreat (to teammates or base if playing the right mode).
- Note that the Gunner Trapper’s bullet “ghosting” is a two-edged sword, as even though the Gunner Trapper’s bullets have a much higher chance to hit, the enemy’s bullets also have a higher chance to reach the Gunner Trapper, thus; dodging is also a recommended strategy.
- The Gunner Trapper is good at supplementing other trappers by patching up holes, reinforcing areas under heavy fire, and providing more offensive fire.
- The Gunner Trapper is also good at taking out Rammers, such as the Smasher and its upgrades, assuming that the Rammers have a low movement speed. This is due to the fact the the Gunner Trapper can take them out easily with its bullets, and even trap them too.
- This tank is advantageous against low penetration and low reload tanks, since this tank has a normally somewhat high rate of fire, like what a Twin would have, and good damage.
Against the Gunner Trapper
- A tank with high DPS and reload like a Triplet or Sprayer is effective against the Gunner Trapper since the Gunner bullets penetration is lower compared to other bullets. The massive amount of bullets can overwhelm the Gunner Trapper and any incoming Gunner bullets.
- Overseer branch classes are also effective against this tank, assuming that the drone stats are leveled up correctly. The best way to deal damage to this tank is to send the drones through open holes in the opponent’s trap wall. It would be advised to repel in a different direction, the Gunner Trapper can shoot its powerful Traps into the Drones, killing most of the drones.
- Destroyer branch classes are significantly effective against the Gunner Trapper due to the penetration of the huge bullets. All the player has to do is shoot their huge bullets at the opponent through their traps, while trying to dodge the Gunner bullets by making use of massive recoil.