- The Octo Tank looks exactly like the Diep.io Octo Tank.
- It has 8 symmetrical cannons.
The player gains another four barrels at a 45° angle from the existing four, resulting in eight spread-out barrels that create a ring of bullets difficult for enemies to escape when firing, thanks to the quantity and spread of the bullets.
- Strong Against: Multiple weaker enemies, slow melee tanks, Drone tanks except Factory
- Weak Against: High + focused DPS, Destroyer branch tanks, fast melee tanks like the Booster if played correctly
As the Octo Tank
- Recommended builds for the Octo Tank include glass cannons or hurricane builds. A glass cannon build concentrates on Bullets and not on health Stats, and is vulnerable to fast-moving rammers such as the Booster. Using C+E (Auto Spin and Auto Fire) is highly recommended to create nigh impenetrable zones of bullets. This works well when farming too.
- Due to its number of cannons, spinning can make it difficult to dodge an Octo Tank’s bullet stream, which can be effective against snipers and drone classes or when trying to find invisible tanks such as the Landmine.
- An Octo Tank with a Hurricane build will give up Bullet Speed in favor of Health. Users of these builds can generally defend well against anything, but are vulnerable to tanks with high Reload and Bullet Penetration at a distance.
- Unprepared players without high damage can be easily destroyed by an Octo Tank without taking much damage in return, due to the Octo Tank’s massive firepower.
- An Octo Tank must beware of high-penetration tanks such as Annihilators, as they can easily pierce through the shield of bullets surrounding it and inflict heavy damage.
- Beware that the Octo Tank only fires one Bullet in each direction, so it usually won’t be easy to combat high RoF tanks, such as the Sprayer or Triplet, unless you stack your cannons: By spinning at certain speeds, your cannons will overlap, spawning bullets in a more focused manner, which makes it easier to fight this type of tanks.
Against the Octo Tank
- The class can be difficult to approach due to the Cannons surrounding it, that make it harder to hit. However, the tank also lacks focused fire — because of this, the easiest way of defeating an Octo Tank is to use focused firing tanks with maxed out bullet stats.
- To counter an Octo Tank, one can also use tanks from the Pounder or Sniper branches. The Octo Tank’s bullets can’t block the Destroyer or Sniper’s stronger ones, which can make it easier for you to hit and kill the tank.
- Alternatively, skilled Tri-Angle branches can dodge the storm of Bullets, and either ram or bullet-ram the Octo Tank between the Cannons. Beware when there are other tanks around, as ramming the Octo Tank will leave you low on health.
- An Overseer can use their Drones to flank the Octo Tank through the gap between its Cannons, although this is somewhat risky.
- Using tanks like Triple Twin or Basic Tank is acceptable against an Octo Tank though because the classes’ Bullet Penetration and Damage being lower than that of a Twin’s, it isn’t recommended.
- The Factory can create bullet walls capable of piercing through the Octo Tank’s defense while using the drones as cover at the same time, making it a powerful counter.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.