|The subject of this article is no longer in Diep.io! Please keep note while reading that this feature is archived and cannot be done/played in Diep.io anymore.|
The Auto 4 (also called Auto Tank in-game) is a removed Tier 4 tank that upgraded from the Gunner and cannot upgrade further. Released on August 2nd, 2016, it was removed later that day, in the update that added the Auto 3 and Auto 5.
The Auto 4 was extremely similar to the Auto 3 and the Auto 5 but had four Auto Turrets instead of three or five. Its Turrets’ positions make it possible to aim with two Turrets at one target. There was no change to the bullet stats. Auto 4 would probably be played in the same way that the Auto 5 and the Auto 3 would, as it is practically the same thing, only being split up into 2 tanks, the Auto 5 and Auto 3 later on.
- Strong Against: Trapper classes, vulnerable Destroyer classes, rammers
- Weak Against: All Drone classes, most bullet spammers, Fighters and Boosters (bullet build)
- As with the Auto 3 and Auto 5, it is best to attempt to move away from enemies while damaging them with Auto Turrets.
- Boosting, which involves right-clicking between 2 Auto Turrets making them both fire in the opposite direction, is a useful method of retreating or hunting down weak targets which are the Auto 4’s ideal prey.
- Auto Turrets have a greater range then one’s field of view, so they can attack off-screen enemies so long as the Auto 4 is close enough.
- The most vital strategy for Auto Tanks is to juke and dodge. So long as the player can avoid being hit, the Turrets will continue to fire accurately at their enemies.
- When first released, the turrets were solely Al controlled and would not attack invisible tanks.
- When the Auto 4 was implemented the game, Auto Spin wasn’t yet implemented, making the Auto 4 the first automatically rotatable tank.
- It is one of the shortest-lived playable tanks in the game, but the Ball lived for four hours and the Mounted Turret lived for a few minutes, making it the third shortest living tank.
- The reason why it has been removed may be the fact that it was too weak for Tier 4, so the creator replaced it with the Auto 3 and the Auto 5.
- This tank is one of the few tanks unable to be used or obtained in Sandbox since it was released before Sandbox.
- This is the first tank that has been pulled into two tanks.