The Battleship is one of the current Tier 4 choices for the Overseer and Twin Flank that can be selected at level 45. Upon upgrading, the tanks’ weapons are replaced with four Modified Spawners that can be toggled on and off. The class was added on August 28th, 2016.
The Battleship features a blue circular base, while essentially looking like the Twin Flank, but using Spawners instead of barrels.
Upon upgrading to the Battleship, your Overseer drones will disappear. The Drone Count capacity is removed, as the Battleship fires endlessly since drones will keep disappearing.
- The Drones will have a very short lifespan—only about 4 seconds.
- Drone Speed will increase.
- Drone Penetration and Damage will drastically decrease.
- Reload allows you to spawn even more drones.
- It will gain four Mini Spawners.
- Two Spawners will spawn controllable Drones, and the other two spawn uncontrollable Drones.
- Strong against: Everything except weaknesses, due to the ability of the AI drones to attack accurately offscreen.
- Weak against: Skilled Factory, Rammers and Destroyers when unprepared, especially Annihilator, also Sea Serpent Fighters/Boosters
As the Battleship
- The Battleship behaves extremely similar to the non-playable Guardian; and as such, they both share similar weaknesses. However, since the Drones spawn at such a quick rate and don’t move in a straight line, very few tanks can take out the Battleship without taking hefty amounts of damage. It can overwhelm an unprepared weak tank and quickly destroy them without much time for the target to react, especially in a 1v1 situation. As a result, players should generally try to have 5-6 Movement Speed, especially if playing in FFA. Also works in teams, there have been multiple Battleship 2/4TDM takeover videos on YouTube.
- Overseer branch and Destroyers are your food, due to their inability to defend against repels. You merely need to dodge their shots/repels. Also, stay at long range.
- Ambushes should be used for easier kills, but it should be attacking an enemy from where their guns are not pointed or a gap between their guns, instead of camping somewhere and waiting for someone to accidentally run into you. Players should also build up some Movement Speed to ensure that they can chase opponents and dance with rammers. Note that max movement speed isn't as important as power.
- It is not advised to stay at the Pentagon Nest since Pentagons have relatively high health, requiring many of your Drones to destroy them.
- The easiest thing to do for unskilled players is force enemies to the border. This will put opponents at a disadvantage because they have no room to run from the Drone swarm. Players should keep moving from side to side to avoid taking damage from bullets.
- The Battleship is a good counter against Trapper classes. The player’s Drones are small enough that they have a chance to slip through a Trap wall. The Battleship does especially well against the Mega Trapper and the Gunner Trapper classes because both of them are not able to fire Traps fast enough to block all incoming Drones.
- In game modes with teams, the Battleship, like the Tri-Trapper is an incredibly good supporting tank because with it’s small, fast drones, it can assist in damaging a tank who is fighting another tank of your team, or alternatively, distract an opposing tank’s attention to make way for a more offensive tank like the Annihilator.
- A skilled Battleship player can kill ramming/melee tanks, like Spikes, Booster. and ramming Annihilators. To cope with their fast speed, players should upgrade their movement speed and constantly move backward when engaging in battle with a rammer, and build up a clump of manual drones, meanwhile letting their AI Drones slowly chip away at the enemy. When they are too close, thrust it at them to knock them back. Repeat until they fail to kill you.
- Staying just out of range of a Destroyer Dominator allows you to chip off its health slowly. Your drones have higher range then the bullet, but it is risky.
- Overall, Battleship repels can beat the vast majority of bullet spammers, and a fight against a glass enemy other than another Battleship is an easy win for you.
Against the Battleship
- It is strongly advised for players to stay far away from the Battleship and attack from a distance because its Drones can do a very respectable amount of damage in a small amount of time.
- Streamliner may work against unaware battleships but if the enemy is skilled, then Streamliner fails miserably.
- Unprotected Snipers, Twin branch, and rammers other than Annihilator don't work against skilled Battleships(unless you witch hunt). Just give up this wrong idea.
- Using the Battleship against another Battleship may work but, by doing this, both might die since a Battleship’s Drones can’t be used for blocking the enemy’s. When in a duel , don't repel blindly by crashing your drones into theirs. Repel after stopping theirs instead.
- Overlords and Necromancers are also viable as they can cut through the Drones and easily overwhelm the target, assuming that Drone Damage, Speed, and Health are maxed. However, you will need a good repel, otherwise you are food for the Battleship.
- Fighters with the build 0/2/3/0/7/7/7/7(aka Sea Serpents) can also destroy a Battleship without losing any health, given proper building of the bullet cloud.
- If the player manages to quickly advance on a Battleship as an Hurricane Octo Tank, the Battleship will no longer be able to damage the player due to the spread of the Drones.
- Battleship's uncontrollable drones can reach very far, making a Battleship very dangerous to Destroyer classes. However, once a Destroyer gets close enough, the Battleship will almost always die, their drones are not strong enough to block the bullet.
- Battleship was added on August 28, 2016.
- This replaced Octo Tank when it was added as a Twin Flank upgrade between 15th April and 17th April 2016.
- When it was added, there was a glitch that made the Drones spread without right-clicking or pressing shift.
- The Battleship is the first “true” Drone Class to use a Drone type with a different name and control to the others.
- The Battleship used to shoot only uncontrollable AI Drones. On August 30th, it was updated, and now has controllable Drones shooting from the front barrels, while the back barrels are AI-controlled.
- This makes it the first tank to have its Drone control reworked.
- The order of the Spawners are reversed on the other side.
- It is also the first “true” Drone class to not be an Overseer-exclusive upgrade (also branches off Twin Flank).
- The Battleship is currently the only tank in-game that requires Auto Fire to be turned on to fire Drones.
- It is the first Drone tank with no Drone limit and with a Drone lifespan.
- Sometimes, there is a glitch that will make the Battleship selection in Overseer’s Upgrade branch move to the top and have a green background instead of dark blue.
- Although the Battleship is a drone user, the upgrading stats remains “bullets” rather than “drones”. The Battleship’s drones are technically bullets since Battleship Partisans will go through the border, while normal drones or Partisans will not. Bullets will also go through.
- The Battleship’s name comes from the fact that it fires many Partisans, which resemble the weapons used by most real Battleships; also, the Battleship vaguely resembles a real Battleship.
- Battleship is the tank that can upgrade from the most Tier 2 tanks. They are Flank Guard, Sniper, and Twin.
- There also once was a glitch that Battleship drones, along with Necromancer drones, would move with nearly indefinite speed. Base Drones were also extremely slow, roughly the same speed as a drifting Polygon that isn’t a Crasher.
This section contains bugs related to Battleship. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
|Click to Show Bug List|
Patched or Removed Bugs