|This article contains unsourced, possibly misleading information.
Take everything you read with a grain of salt!
The Developer is an unclassed tank in Diep.io that was originally part of the cheats suite made by the creator and former developer (also called Zeach or M28) himself. He stated that he accidentally left the cheats without a password, so some people could have exploited the developer mode to obtain an extremely large tank or developer cheats. The Developer can also go over the normal limit of Level 45, presumably the method by which the Developer can become so large.
Characteristics usually include:
This report seems to be unedited, and shows a large developer tank messing around. Even if it wasn’t Zeach, it proves the huge tanks can be controlled by exploiters.
This report shows a player joining an FFA server, and the leader was named "Dev". When they got closer, the "Dev" tank was shooting erratically.
Unconfirmed Reports / Claims
The first reports of this tank were on August 28th, when a huge tank with a yellow name “Developer” above it mysteriously appeared in a server with few people. It started as a Machine Gun, then became a Sprayer, then a Stalker, and eventually left.
Zeach replied to a Reddit Post explaining that he had accidentally left some "developer cheats" without a password. It is still unknown if this has been corrected.
When Sandbox mode launched, people claimed to be finding unknown (likely Stalker) invisible entities with apparently infinite health, and when they ram into it, they get killed and the object is still invisible. The death screen said: “You were killed by Developer”. Apparently by cheating, as when there are more than 2 people in a Sandbox server, God Mode is disabled. When they checked back 5 minutes later, it was very laggy and the game froze. At the start of the video, though, they were able to change to god mode and this shows that this was probably recorded before the update, and is fake.
Shortly after Zeach made a return to the Reddit, posting for the first time in months, a large Landmine was seen in a server in the Pentagon Nest.
This was a Reddit post made by Zeach, showing him as a Level 301 Arena Closer named "Dev", captioned with "You look like ants".
There have been other reports/claims of the developer mode password. Ever since Zeach claimed that he forgot to password protect cheats, many people have been seeking for the "password" or ways to get into the developer mode.
It still could be possible, since Zeach named himself "Developer" or "Dev", but the post shown here was originating from a post saying that there was a large tank named “Algebra” in a different game mode.
- These Developer Cheats are likely the Sandbox cheats.
- The Developer was probably testing them, in purpose to make and release the future game mode.
- However, certain cheats (like resizing your tank) were not made available to Sandbox players.
- The Creator is called Zeach on Reddit often.
- Some of the developer’s forms were slightly smaller than dominators (7x7 tiles) while one of them was approximately 45x45 tiles big, which is four times larger than a Mothership.
- Tutorials of the Developer may be fake. Remember to take everything with a grain of salt!
- You can tell if a developer in Sandbox is real or fake by the size.
- If the tank gets big quickly and has God Mode, it is most likely the Developer.
- It is impossible to resize your tank in Sandbox, except leveling up/changing tanks.
- Zeach once accidentally left sandbox cheats enabled in all modes once, however he quickly patched it 10 minutes after.