If there's one thing you need to know about the de facto leader of the Squadron of Insanity, it's that he cares not. He simply does not care about anything except for the well-being of his team. You have a family to feed? Duly noted and ignored. You're just a baby level 1 Tank? Couldn't care less. He is so apathetic that he is willing to perform extremely humiliating, inhumane or cruel acts if it means satisfying his- or the Squad's- goals. It's what makes him such a deadly force. Of course, this is appreciated by those he works alongside with, and his commander Platinis values him greatly as a warrior and ally. Again, Apathy cares not; he'd use them as meat shields if it meant achieving the greater good. He is not, however, incapable of understanding that others have feelings and he knows that his actions often bring disrespect or criticism towards him; it's just that he cares not.
Apathy is a tan (unfortunately Sassafras tan) tank with black arms and circle hands the same shade of beige as his body. He has a black samurai helmet decorated with a single bright orange gem on it. He, like all other members of the Squadron of Insanity, has 2 weapons, one melee and one ranged.
Apathy's ranged weapon is named the Dismissing Deathbringer. It is a handheld missile launcher that launches missiles that behave like Partisans in terms of movement; they resemble Missiler missiles otherwise. Each missile has 1000 health, travel at the speed of a Fallen Booster, do somewhat high damage, and takes 5 seconds to reload. Thankfully for Apathy, there are 16 of them (The missiles are arranged in a 4x4 square, but this view is only visible when seen from the front, which is never). The Dismissing Deathbringer fires missiles in a pattern similar to the Streamliner, at a rate of 3 missiles per second; the reload is just enough to create a continuous stream of missiles without interruption. The missiles also expire on their own after 5 seconds and explode.
Apathy's melee weapon is named the Stoic Spear. Its 2 sets of blades are able to rotate in a gear-like fashion and Apathy will use it in his attacks, but they can also stay fixed, then used for normal spear combat. Don't be fooled by its orange colouration and think that it is related to fire or radiates heat; the Stoic Spear in fact takes away nearby heat, causing the temperature near Apathy to drop to chilling levels. It can store a maximum of 100 "Heat Units", which it will use in attacks. Every second, it will gain one Heat Unit for every entity nearby (besides Apathy himself for obvious reasons). Some attacks require Heat Units; if they do, then once the attack is used, Heat Units are consumed and they disappear.
Like all other members of the Squadron of Insanity, Chaos has a pre-battle phase, in which he is Invulnerable. What players actually do in this phase varies greatly between each member; for Apathy, players must stop him from building a giant snow fort.
When Apathy spawns, he uses his spear to carve out chunks of snow, then he will pile them in a large square shape, 5 chunks per side. Once that is done, he will repeat the process 4 or more times until it forms a giant wall of snow. Each chunk of snow has 5000 health. There are 2 possible outcomes depending on the scenario.
If players successfully destroy snow blocks faster than Apathy can replace them for a consecutive 30 seconds (Apathy will try to attack players with his missile launcher), then Apathy will rage-quit and toss all the snow at players, doing heavy damage. He then begins the fight normally.
If players fail to destroy snow blocks fast enough, then eventually the snow fort will be completed, with Apathy inside it. Apathy now shoots at players from inside his fort, with his missiles arcing over the fort and hitting players. The fort has 100000 health, and once destroyed, he starts the fight as normal.
Once the pre-battle phase ends, Apathy begins the battle by launching all 16 missiles at once from his missile launcher, waits 5 seconds for all of them to reload, and begins the battle.
- Death Launch: Fires missiles at tanks, doing mediocre-high splash damage as well as the normal damage. Most commonly used attack.
- Cold Jab: Quickly jabs his spear at tanks, doing damage and inflicting Slowed for 5 seconds. Used 5-10 times in quick succession.
- Snow Laser: Needs 20 Heat Units. Raises his spear in the air, and the tips of the second set of blades start glowing. They will then release 4 blue beams that, upon contact, do low damage BUT inflict Paralyzed, Stunned and a 2.5% chance of Waterflame if you're really unlucky. This lasts for 10 seconds.
- Ice Missile: The Dismissing Deathbringer will glow a light blue, and while this is happening, all missiles shot will inflict Slowed for 10 seconds. This lasts for 20 seconds.
- Snowsaw: Needs 15 Heat Units. Activates the blade-spinning mechanic on his spear, then swings it around wildly as he charges into tanks. Does high damage and lasts for 30 seconds.
- Heat Vacuum: Needs 50 Heat Units. Raises his spear in the air (again) and sucks away all heat nearby, freezing things near him alive. Stuff frozen cannot move, shoot or activate abilities, and will slowly lose health at 1% per second. He then swings his spear at a tank, channeling all the heat absorbed into one large fireball that explodes upon impact.
- Super Rocket Ram: Fires 16 supercharged, huge missiles at tanks. These 16 missiles have 3000 health, does not explode on contact or expire, will try to ram tanks with their amazing body damage, and has all the other properties of a normal missile. He then takes 7 seconds to reload his weapon.
- Didn't care, don't care, won't care: Increases missile reload rate and fire rate by 300% and fires them blindly, with the missiles crashing into random locations, damaging everything (including local Polygons and the occasional Phage nearby) he shoots at.
- Zero Punch: Sticks his spear into the ground as it starts absorbing heat. Tanks that go near it will be frozen like in Heat Vacuum, and if they are, Apathy rushes over to them and punches them with his open hand, doing heavy damage. Lasts for 20 seconds.
- Storm Blast: Needs 30 Heat Units. Activates the blade-spinning mechanic, then sticks the spinning blades into the snow, launching snow everywhere and doing mediocre damage, as well as burying tanksif enough snow is launched at them.
When Apathy hits 17500 health, he enters his second battle phase, where, like all other members of the Squadron of Insanity, he loses one of his weapons and gains a major buff in one of his aspects. In Apathy's case, the Dismissing Deathbringer unloads all of its missiles for the last time; then it explodes. Apathy then receives a +400% boost in his attack range and Heat Unit collection rate.
- Cold Jab II: Quickly jabs his spear at tanks, doing damage and inflicting Slowed for 10 seconds. Used 7-15 times in quick succession.
- Snow Laser II: Needs 30 Heat Units. Raises his spear in the air, and the tips of the second set of blades start glowing. They will then release 4 blue beams that, upon contact, do medium damage BUT inflict Paralyzed, Stunned and a 5% chance of Waterflame if you're really unlucky. This lasts for 20 seconds.
- Snowsaw II: Needs 20 Heat Units. Activates the blade-spinning mechanic on his spear, then swings it around wildly as he charges into tanks. Does very high damage and lasts for 1 minute.
- Heat Vacuum II: Needs 75 Heat Units. Raises his spear in the air (again) and sucks away all heat nearby, freezing things near him alive. Stuff frozen cannot move, shoot or activate abilities, and will slowly lose health at 2.5% per second. He then swings his spear at a tank, channeling all the heat absorbed into one large fireball that explodes upon impact. Apathy will repeat the fireball-throwing process 3 times.
- Zero Punch II: Sticks his spear into the ground as it starts absorbing heat. Tanks that go near it will be frozen like in Heat Vacuum II, and if they are, Apathy rushes over to them and punches them with his open hand, doing heavy damage. Lasts for 30 seconds.
- Storm Blast II: Needs 50 Heat Units. Activates the blade-spinning mechanic, then sticks the spinning blades into the snow, launching snow everywhere and doing high damage, as well as inflicting Slowed for 10 seconds and burying tanks if enough snow is launched at them.
- Ice Launcher: Requires 1 Heat Unit. Swings his spear at a tank, launching an icicle at it. This icicle does mediocre damage, but Paralyzes for 5 seconds. Very commonly used, hence the attack range boost.
- Speed Spin: Swings his spear in a circle, then tosses it in a random direction. The Stoic Spear will then return to Apathy like a boomerang. He does this 5 times, then spins around while pointing the Stoic Spear outwards. After a few seconds, he charges into a tank, doing huge damage,
- Reverse Icicles: Requires 100 Heat Units. Sticks his spear into the ground headfirst. Then, LOTS of sharp icicles come out of the ground, do medium damage, sink back into the ground and repeat the process for 20-30 times.
- TRUE Apathy: Requires a Nonagon to be nearby. Impales said Nonagon with his spear, and uses the Nonagon-spear combination as a club. Apathy swings it around, and smashes tanks with the club. This does damage equivalent to the Nonagon's body damage, and does not stop until the Nonagon dies. This can happen with an Alpha Nonagon as well as a Nonagon Phage.
Apathy will stop everything he is doing, salute the players, raise his spear and commit seppeku with it. His remains then disappear in black smoke, regenerating in the Void to fight another day...
Apathy, like all other members of the Squadron, starts off with double health, all his attacks and no phase 2. He has infinite Heat Units in this battle, having stocked up beforehand; thus he can launch his attacks much more efficiently than usual. His death animation is the same.
- Contrary to their name, attacks that require Heat Units are not heat related (most of them anyway).