Chaos is extremely chaotic, as his name implies. He's crazy, unpredictable, and is prone to sudden outbursts of insanity, non-sequiturs and memes (no wait, that's Sassafras's job). He's dangerous to friend and foe. Thallio and him both do this. They work together so well some people wonder if they're the same mind.
Chaos is a light bronze tank with black arms and circle hands the same shade of blue as his body. He has a spiky black round helmet decorated with a single bright yellow gem on it. He, like all other members of the Squadron of Insanity, has 2 weapons, one melee and one ranged.
Chaos's ranged weapon is named the Sonic Shocker. It shoots out destructive sound waves that do heavy damage to things it passes through. The sound waves gradually expand in size and lose damage over time. Once all damage is lost, they expire and disappear. 5 sound waves are shot at a time unless otherwise specified.
Chaos's melee weapon is named the Havoc Hammer. It is a simple weapon, used for dishing out heavy damage like one would expect. Upon impact, it generates large shockwaves that push everything back a far distance while doing some low damage as well.
Like all other members of the Squadron of Insanity, Chaos has a pre-battle phase, in which he is Invulnerable. What players actually do in this phase varies greatly between each member; for Chaos, it is a competitive game of Whack-A-Dominator.
15 Gunner (always Gunner) Dominators will appear near Chaos' battle zone, and they have 10000 health each. Players have to compete with Chaos for control of them. Chaos does not use his blaster, and he instead uses his hammer to whack the Dominators, doing 500 damage to them per hit. Once a Dominator is destroyed, it becomes Invulnerable and it sides to whoever killed it, like normal Domination. And yes, Chaos will rush to a nearly dead Dominator and steal it whenever he can. If tanks try to attack him, he will prioritize tanks over Dominators though.
Once all Dominators are captured, the pre-battle phase ends, and it will have 3 different outcomes, depending on how many Dominators Chaos has in control. In all outcomes, Chaos will start using his attacks after the corresponding cutscene ends.
No Dominators in control
Chaos swings his hammer around, before smashing it into the ground, creating a gigantic shockwave that destroys every Dominator on the battlefield. Then Phase 1 is entered as normal.
1-14 Dominators in control
Chaos jumps into the air, before shooting at every non-Chaos-controlled Dominator with his blaster, destroying them instantly. Then Phase 1 is entered, with additional Dominators assisting Chaos. These Dominators act like normal AI Dominators and are not captured when destroyed.
15 Dominators in control
Chaos slams his hammer into the ground and starts glowing while beams of light connect him and every Dominator. A few seconds later, all Dominators turn to dust and are absorbed by Chaos, along with the beams of light. Chaos now enters Phase 1 with 3 times his normal health and does 2 times his usual damage, as well as dealing much more knockback.
- Sound Blast: Shoots sound waves at places with high tank density. Most commonly used attack.
- Hammer Slam: Crushes tanks with his hammer, causing lots of shockwaves.
- Spike Swipe: Swipes his hammer at tanks, either knocking them far away with the hammerhead or slashing them with the small spikes on the hammerhead, doing low damage but inflicting Bleeding for 20 seconds.
- Quake Blast: Simultaneously shoots the ground with his blaster and hits the ground with his hammer, causing a massive earthquake that damages everything besides Chaos. This lasts for 30 seconds.
- Giga Speaker: Takes out 3 large speakers, places them in front of him and connects them to his blaster using wires. Chaos then fires his blaster at tanks, causing the speakers to also fire giant, super-heavy-damaging sound waves. Each speaker has 5000 health, and for the attack to end, they must be destroyed. In the meantime, Chaos will be hiding behind the speakers and shooting any tank that comes close.
- Force Override: Requires at least 3 Dominators. Chaos throws his hammer at a place, and all currently alive Dominators aim at and attack that place. Lasts for 10 seconds.
- Sacrifice: Requires at least 1 Dominator. Smashes it with his hammer and absorbs its remains, healing himself for 5000.
- Super Strike: Required powered-up form. Jumps into the air and slams his hammer down in the ground, inflicting superheavy damage and extreme knockback on anything near him.
- Sassafras out of nowhere: Grabs a small talking Sassafras figurine and wires it to his blaster. Chaos then blasts extra-damaging sound waves at tanks, but the audio is replaced with Sassafras quotes. Lasts for 10 seconds.
- Hothead Mode: The gem on his helmet turns red, and he starts charging into tanks and smashing them with his hammer.
- Chaos Beam: Chaos will raise his hammer in the air, and it will glow as all Dominators will shoot a beam of light into it. The Havoc Hammer then unleashes a very deadly tracking laser that lasts for 10 seconds plus 2 seconds for every Dominator alive. Chaos is invulnerable during this.
- Automated Domination: Requires at least 5 Dominators. All Dominators gain movement speed equivalent to that of the Fallen Booster for 20 seconds.
When Chaos hits 15000 health (50000 if powered up by Dominators), he enters his second battle phase, where, like all other members of the Squadron of Insanity, he loses one of his weapons and gains a major buff in one of his aspects. In Chaos's case, his blaster sparks with electricity and explodes, and Chaos gets Armoured. His attacks similarly become more defensive.
- Hammer Slam II: Crushes tanks with his hammer, causing lots of shockwaves that have more knockback than usual.
- Spike Swipe II: Swipes his hammer at tanks, either knocking them far away with the hammerhead or slashing them with the small spikes on the hammerhead, doing low damage but inflicting Bleeding for 30 seconds. Repeats 5 times.
- Force Override II: Requires at least 3 Dominators. Chaos throws his hammer at a place, and all currently alive Dominators aim at and attack that place with 200% damage. Lasts for 20 seconds.
- Sacrifice II: Requires at least 1 Dominator. Smashes it with his hammer and absorbs its remains, healing himself for 10000.
- Super Strike II: Required powered-up form. Jumps into the air and slams his hammer down in the ground, inflicting superheavy damage and extreme knockback on anything near him. Repeats 3 times.
- Hothead Mode II: The gem on his helmet turns red, and he starts charging into tanks and smashing them with his hammer. Lasts for 30 seconds.
- Chaos Beam II: Chaos will raise his hammer in the air, and it will glow as all Dominators will shoot a beam of light into it. The Havoc Hammer then unleashes a very deadly tracking laser that lasts for 15 seconds plus 3 seconds for every Dominator alive. Chaos is invulnerable during this.
- Automated Domination II: Requires at least 3 Dominators. All Dominators gain movement speed equivalent to that of the Fallen Booster for 40 seconds.
- Quake King: Slams his hammer repeatedly on the ground, knocking everything back for a very far distance. Lasts for 15 seconds.
- Chaos Blast: Fires glowing beams of light from his hammer that inflict a random debuff for 10 seconds.
- Hammer Spin: Starts spinning quickly with his hammer extended, deflecting all shot projectiles. Deflected projectiles can damage their owners. This lasts for 30 seconds.
- Inzanity: Shoots black beams from his helmet spikes that do heavy damage to tanks hit. If a tank dies from this, their "corpse" will be converted into an AI controlled tank that lasts for up to a minute. Lasts for 30 seconds.
- Domi-Toss: Requires at least 1 Dominator. Chaos will pick it up and toss it at nearby tanks, instantly crushing any tank that happened to be under the Dominator when it lands.
- Chaos Crush: Requires powered-up form. Throws his hammer in the air and becomes Invulnerable. 5 seconds later, the Havoc Hammer comes crashing down into the battlefield, creating a MASSIVE shockwave that does extremely heavy damage. Chaos then retrieves his hammer and resumes the fight, losing Invulnerable.
- Overboost: Requires at least 5 Dominators. The gem on Chaos' helmet shines brightly, and all Dominators get +300% damage and -75% damage taken. Lasts for 2 minutes. If a Dominator is destroyed during this period, Chaos receives the buff for the rest of the period instead.
- Doom Defiance: Immediately used once Chaos reaches 3000 health. Chaos takes off his helmet and holds his hammer over his head. A bolt of black lightning strikes it, and for EVERY tank that died during the Chaos battle (including those who die by Dominators), Chaos will receive +500 health. For every living Dominator on the field, he will get +10% damage resistance. If he is in powered-up form, he also gets +10% damage done for every tank killed and +20% for every living Dominator. Only used once, for obvious reasons.
Once Chaos reaches 0 health, he puts down his hammer, salutes the players, and promptly explodes into 10000 Crashers that do a final bit of damage to players. Chaos's hammer and helmet then disappear in black smoke, as he regenerates in the void to fight another day...
Chaos, the second time you encounter him, will always start off with all his attacks and powered-up form. Like the others, he will not enter Phase 2. His death animation is as normal.
- The Sonic Shocker was originally named the Beat Blaster.