Cosmic Mode is a gamemode that is mainly based off space, as its name implies.
Every Sunday, directly outside the gates of Imperium, an Alpha Pentagon will spawn. It will be radiating a bright light. This Alpha Pentagon, dubbed a "Star Pentagon", has 250,000 health and needs to be destroyed. Once the Star Pentagon reaches 0 health, it will collapse on itself and create a black hole in the same spot. Said black hole has a small gravitational field and will slowly drag everything towards it. If anything comes into contact with the black hole, it is sucked in and it will end up in what is known as "Cosmic Mode". The black hole lasts for exactly 1 day outside Imperium before collapsing on itself, and once it does, Cosmic Mode closes for the rest of the week regardless if the Zodiac is beaten yet. If Zodiac gets beaten first, the arena is destroyed by a cosmic explosion.
Cosmic Mode has a huge map, about the size of 64 FFA servers in a square. It just seems to goes on and on and on and... you get the idea. An arrow points to the entrance of Cosmic Mode, which is a black hole like the ones in FFA servers. You can leave Cosmic Mode during the first 18 hours of the game, but when the Zodiac spawns, it starts to push everything away, which means you can no longer leave. You can come in however.
Tanks gain Experience like normal in Cosmic Mode, except that all polygons are replaced with circles of the same size and health:
- Squares are called Mini Moons. They are small white circles.
- Triangles are called Large Moons. They are medium white circles with the occasional crater.
- Pentagons are called Dwarf Planets. They are large circles of various colors.
- Alpha Pentagons are called Planets. They are very large circles of various colors. Some have rings are orbited by Moons.
Since there are no teams, tanks can kill each other.
Cosmic Mode features a number of unique enemies, including:
- Asteroids are vast structures with 3,000 health that move slowly through the map. They spawn very rarely.
- Comets are large structures with the health of an Alpha Pentagon that move through the map at medium speed. They spawn fairly often.
- Meteors are small structures that spawn very often (they replace Crashers), have low health, and move very quickly. Unlike Crashers, they are not guided. However, they are far more frequent and much, much faster.
- Fusions occur when a Planet randomly turns into a Sun. This happens rarely and only if the Planet has existed a long time.
- Suns are very large circular structures that cause damage the closer a tank gets to them. However, after they lose 300 health to the tank, they give 600 XP.
- Red Suns are immense circular structures that cause heavy damage the closer a tank gets to them. However, after they lose 500 health to the tank, they give 1000 XP and a random stat point.
- Novas occur when two suns get close together. They then flare, releasing molten gas that causes heavy damage to tanks in its vicinity. They also release much more light, causing more damage.
- Supernovas occur only rarely. Either a Sun or a Red Sun suddenly explodes, covering the FoV of a Ranger with light, gas, and various materials. This explosion is deadly to all tanks close to the Sun and can cause significant damage to those far away.
- Starships are powerful enemies that spawn semi-frequently. Go here for more information.
No normal bosses spawn in Cosmic Mode. Of the bosses that spawn, the principal one is the Zodiac, which spawns 18 hours into the game. It has twelve separate stages, each with unique attacks and health pools. Only after each and every phase has been defeated does the game mode end. Meanwhile, Starship Bosses spawn fairly frequently and attack with deadly speed and power.