Juggernaut is a game mode by SomeCatchyName. It is very similar to Free For All, and quite different from "usual" Juggernaut modes in other games.
There are two phases in this mode.
Phase 1 starts when the server starts, and ends when a player reaches 100,000 points. Phase 1 will also be active when there is no Juggernaut. During this phase, XP gain is doubled, but other than that it's identical to FFA. There is no Juggernaut yet.
- When a player reaches 100,000 points, they became the Juggernaut and a notification is sent out: "<player_name> has become the Juggernaut!" (This notification is sent out whenever there is a new Juggernaut). Phase 2 begins.
Phase 2 will be active whenever there is a Juggernaut on the server. During this phase, XP gain goes back to the usual FFA rate. It's basically identical to FFA, except there's a Juggernaut.
- The Juggernaut is bigger (health and size) and slower than a Level 45 Tank, and also yellow. Upon becoming the Juggernaut, you will no longer be on the Leaderboard, and the Leader arrow will not point to you, but to the leader of the new leaderboard. You will have your own leaderboard below the normal leaderboard, which will show your points (and name) in a yellow bar. Everyone will also get a yellow arrow pointing to you, which will act the same way as the leader arrow.
- To become the Juggernaut, all you need to do is get 100,000 points. If you are the Juggernaut and someone else gets 100,000 points, you die and respawn at Level 30.
- If someone directly kills the Juggernaut, a notification is sent out: "The Juggernaut has been defeated by <player_name>!" If, at that point, no one has 100,000 points, the game returns to Phase 1. Killing the Juggernaut awards you with 30,000 points.
- In Juggernaut modes in other games, all you need to do to stay as the Juggernaut, is survive. That mechanic would be imbalanced in Diep.io, because for example, a rammer booster can easily run around and just not die.
- This mode is different - to stay as the Juggernaut, you need to actually dominate the server. Follow the leader arrow and kill whoever is currently the closest to 100,000 points (i.e. the leader).
- Rammer builds may not work as well because the Juggernaut has decreased speed.
Team Juggernaut is a 4 team mode (wouldn't work with just 2 number of teams?) with exactly the same game mechanics as Juggernaut Mode. The only difference between the two is that if the Juggernaut is from your team, you can also become the Juggernaut without the old Juggernaut dying. So there can potentially be as many Juggernauts as your team can get, which are listed on the Juggernaut leaderboard. The yellow Juggernaut arrow points to the Juggernaut leader. All Juggernauts are yellow, bigger and slower.
The server ends and Arena Closers spawn when either:
- The server has been open for a certain amount of time
- The twentieth Juggernaut dies
- In Team Juggernaut, a team has been dominating for a certain amount of time
- This is the only gamemode with multiple "phases".
- The Juggernaut is basically a player controlled boss tank, if you think about it.
- Created by SomeCatchyName.