- Important Note: For all enemies and bosses, bullets function like normal bullets. Traps go forward for a limited distance before losing nearly all speed and moving very slowly. Drones, upon launch, target your then-current location and immediately charge there. All mentions of Skimmer bullets are of the new variant, and they rotate in a random direction.
- Important Note #2: Most of the images will not fit the square boxes in the galleries. Please click on them to view.
- Important Note #3: Attacks involving grabbing the player are executed as follows: Draw back limb, target the player's current location, then extend limb to grab the then-current location. They can be dodged.
The Battleship R.L.D. Hephaestus is the mid-boss of the Blue Sea stage. A decent-sized battleship, its double drone launchers are capable of making short work of any intruders.
R.L.D. Hephaestus is encountered around 400 tiles into the first stage, where it comes in from the left of the screen, going right. It will stop when its weapons are in full view. Once fully on-screen, the camera will stop moving until R.L.D. Hephaestus is defeated. Its turrets constantly track the player's position while firing. The Overseer turrets have a 5-second reload and fire 4 drones each. The big pentagonal turret has 5000 health and can be destroyed for 3000 EXP. R.L.D. Hephaestus itself has 15000 health.
Once destroyed, R.L.D. Hephaestus yields 7000 EXP and the player keeps moving through the stage.
The Immortal Battlecruiser R.H.B. Conqueror is the boss of the Blue Sea stage. Boasting massive arsenals of weaponry, reinforced armour, and state-of-the-art movement systems, it is best to turn away now if you are any other ship. It initially appears to be a large battleship with many turrets on it, before revealing its true form.
When the end of Stage 1 is reached, R.H.B. Conqueror will appear at the end of the screen, moving forward, before stopping and starting to move backwards whilst battling the player. In Phase 1, only the front-most 7 small turrets, the first big pentagonal turret and the 2 smaller turrets behind the pentagonal turret will be visible. Predictably, they will shoot at you. All turrets can be destroyed individually, but if one destroys the pentagonal turret first, all others will be destroyed but they yield no EXP. The small turrets have 5000 health each and give 3000 EXP when destroyed, while the big turret has 10000 health and gives 5000 EXP.
After all the turrets in Phase 1 are destroyed, the player advances to phase 2, where the bridge and all the dark grey parts are shown. This time, the weak point is not the second pentagonal turret, but the bridge. The turrets on the blue parts beyond the bridge are not yet functional. The bridge consists of everything layered on top of the dark grey octagon. It has 15000 health and rewards 10000 EXP. Again, when the bridge is destroyed, everything else is, but they give no EXP. The pentagonal turret this time still has 10000 health, but only gives 3000 EXP. The small turrets behind, flanking, and in front of the bridge are the same as those in Phase 1. The turrets on the bridge are considered part of the bridge.
Once the bridge is destroyed, the rear part of R.H.B. Conqueror detaches from the rest of the battleship (which is completely wrecked at this point) and transforms into its true robot form. In this form, it has a base core outfitted with a green eye (resembling that of Sassafras) and a Gatling gun, and what remains of the battleship disguise, namely 6 turrets on each "arm" and 2 more Gatling guns previously hidden in the battleship's hull. During this stage, instead of mindlessly firing its turrets at the player, R.H.B. Conqueror will now... fire at them in a more organized way. R.H.B. Conqueror now has 30000 health.
- Basic Firing: Will shoot straight forward with its center gun, as well as shooting at the player's general direction with the turrets on its arms.
- Spray: Depending on which side of the screen the player is on, it will shoot a wide spread of bullets from one of its arms.
- Cross Fire: Shoots at the center of the screen with all its guns and turrets.
- Blast Shot: Will fire a small bullet from its eye at the player's location. The bullet, if dodged, will explode into a ring of 20 bigger bullets.
Once destroyed, R.H.B. Conqueror yields 20000 EXP, and the player advances to the next stage.
Baron of Buzzsaws
The Baron of Buzzsaws is the mid-boss of the Green Forest stage. This droid is built to quickly deforest large areas and creating minions to move the lumber elsewhere, but it is more than capable of doing battle with its Crashers and Spike Drones.
Baron of Buzzsaws is encountered around 350 tiles into the first stage, where it can be seen cutting down some trees. Some Spike Drones can also be seen carrying away some lumber. Once fully on-screen, the camera will stop moving until Baron of Buzzsaws is defeated. It will spawn 10 Crashers at a time from its spawner every second, and every 5th spawn will be replaced by 5 Spike Drones. All spawned Spike Drones yield no EXP. Baron of Buzzsaws has no individually destructible parts, and has 15000 health.
Once destroyed, Baron of Buzzsaws yields 7000 EXP and the player keeps moving through the stage.
- Not to be confused with The Grim Reaper.
The Rapid Assault Tank Reaper is the boss of the Green Forest stage. Gigantic in size, it boasts high speed and devastating firepower. It initially appears to be a tank, before revealing its true form.
When the end of Stage 2 is reached, Reaper will appear at the end of the screen, moving forward, before stopping and starting to move backwards whilst battling the player. Reaper will fire streams of bullets from its small turrets, and fire big bullets that explode into smaller bullets from its main barrel. This main barrel has 10000 health and can be destroyed for 3000 EXP. Once the main barrel is destroyed, the Trapper turrets begin to shoot arcs of Traps at the player. Reaper in Phase 1 has 25000 health and rewards 15000 EXP when destroyed.
Once Phase 1 is destroyed, a trapdoor opens on Reaper's main turret, revealing an inner robot. Said inner robot will activate and begin to fly around the screen with its jetpack while using attacks. In this form, Reaper resembles a mantis, due to its large mandibles on its mouth and scythe blades at the end of its arms, each with 4 barrels installed. It also has 2 Auto Turrets on its shoulder pads, and some panels on its torso. Reaper now has 30000 health.
- Basic Firing: Will spit out bullets from its mouth as well as shooting bullet patterns with its Auto Turrets.
- Blade Blast: Raises its arms so that the barrels on its claws face downwards. They begin to shoot downwards, at the player's general direction.
- Claw Slam: Raises its arms and slams them downwards, smashing them together and releasing a ring of bullets. This is repeated 3 times.
- Scythe Swing: Raises one of its arms and swings it in an arc, producing an arc of bullets that travel outwards. It then repeats the attack with its other arm.
- Drone Spawn: Raises its arms very high, as the two panels on its triangular torso open up to reveal 2 drone spawners. They will shoot out 10 drones each.
Once destroyed, Reaper yields 20000 EXP, and the player advances to the next stage.
The Tactical Fighter Khepri is the mid-boss of the Yellow Desert stage. A large arsenal of weaponry, coupled with strong maneuverability, give Khepri a god-like power as well as reputation, fitting for its name.
Khepri is encountered around 380 tiles into the first stage, where it can be seen flying along with the rest of Rainbow's fleet. Its normal Auto Turrets, predictably, shoot normal bullets at the player. The large turret itself shoots Rocketeer missiles, while the Battleship spawners spawn 8 Partisans every 10 seconds. The stationary cannons only shoot forwards if the player is in front of Khepri. Just before being destroyed, Khepri will launch a random missile from its wing. Each missile has a different effect. From left to right:
- The first missile explodes into 20 Traps in the middle of the screen.
- The second missile explodes into 10 Skimmer bullets.
- The third missile explodes into an EMP that slows the player for 10 seconds.
- The fourth missile turns out to be a Missile Robot that must be defeated before the stage can continue.
The large turret, along with its attached Battleship spawners, has 5000 health and can be destroyed for 3000 EXP. Khepri has 15000 health.
Once destroyed, Khepri yields 7000 EXP and the player keeps moving through the stage.
The Undying Superbomber Ra is the boss of the Yellow Desert stage. Named after the ancient Egyptian sun god of the same name, this Ra is sure to bring just as much light... by bringing glorious explosions wherever it goes. It initially appears to be a large "flying wing" bomber, before revealing its true form.
When the end of Stage 3 is reached, Ra will come from the top of the screen, flying forwards. It can however shoot at the player with its Auto Turrets. Its trap launchers at the back of its wings shoot waves of Traps at a time. Ra in this form has no individual destructible parts, has 30000 health and rewards 12500 EXP when destroyed.
Once Phase 1 is destroyed, the grey parts of Ra's bomber form will detach and fall off. Meanwhile, lines will begin to appear on Ra. These lines are revealed to be part of Ra's true form, a flying four-armed robot. The sun on its large engine is also revealed to be an eye. Its smaller engines now serve as arm-mounted cannons. Ra now has 30000 health.
- Basic Firing: Will shoot bullets from the Auto Turrets on its body, as well as shoot Traps from its eye.
- Arm Cannon: Fires a small bullet from one of its arm cannons. It explodes into a ring of 16 traps.
- Eyesore: Puts all 4 of its arms to its eye. The eye then spews out a hurricane of bullets that last for 2 seconds.
- Beam Blast: Shoots out laser beams from two of its arm cannons. The beams are shot directly downwards, and last for 1 second.
Once destroyed, Ra yields 20000 EXP, and the player advances to the next stage.
The Jupiter Mothership CH-300 Spartan is the boss of the Red Citadels stage. Designed and manufactured by the CH Company for an easy method of delivering goods, it was near-immediately stolen by Rainbow and re-purposed as a flying aircraft carrier, though not without some "upgrades" to its chassis. It initially appears as a flying aircraft carrier (or helicarrier), as mentioned before, before revealing its true form.
When the end of Stage 4 is reached, the CH-300 Spartan can first be seen hovering over a large city, before propelling itself upwards to the same altitude as the player. Then, the camera pans slightly backwards so that only the front half of the boss can be seen, and begins to spawn a continuous stream of TK-1 Basics from its right runway, at 1 TK-1 Basic per second. It will also shoot at players with its front Gatling turrets. In Phase 1, only the right runway can take damage, it has 15000 health, and it rewards 10000 EXP when destroyed.
Once Phase 1's health is depleted, the right runway explodes and the camera pans to the rest of the CH-300 Spartan, where it is revealed that the stream of TK-1 Basics come from the bridge. Also revealed are 5 turrets on the bridge, as well as another Gatling turret. Do note that the front Gatling turrets in Phase 1 are not destroyed, and will continue to shoot the player from behind. Phase 2 has 20000 health, and rewards 10000 EXP when destroyed.
Once Phase 2 is destroyed, the rear of the CH-300's deck is ejected from the rest of the helicarrier, as various parts fold, unfold and extend from the chunk of deck to form its true form, a robot with vague resemblance to a Spartan warrior. CH-300 Spartan now has 25000 health, which is lower than that of other Stage 1-5 bosses, but to make up for it, its shield (formed from parts of the left runway) can absorb infinite damage. It also does contact damage.
- Basic Firing: Will shoot Drones from its 4 spawners, as well as shoot bullets from its eyes.
- Spear Slash: Slashes space in front of it with its spear, doing contact damage and releasing some bullets in the process.
- Gong: Strikes its shield with its spear, releasing a ring of 20 Traps.
- Shield Bash: Moves to the center of the screen and slightly turns its body so that the shield is facing directly front, and charges towards the end of the screen before stopping right before it can crush the player with its shield. When it stops, it releases 10 Skimmer bullets in an arc formation behind it. It then moves back to normal position.
Once destroyed, CH-300 Spartan yields 20000 EXP, and the player advances to the next stage.
The Winter Wrecker North Wolf is the boss of the Purple Tundra stage. Specifically designed to do combat in cold, icy areas, both its six-wheeled armoured personnel carrier form and its quadruped wolf form are nearly invincible in arctic combat. It initially appears as an APC, as mentioned before, before revealing its true form.
When the end of Stage 5 is reached, North Wolf will appear at the end of the screen, moving forward, before stopping and starting to move backwards whilst battling the player. Its trap launchers at the sides shoot waves of traps periodically. The small turrets near the wolf head, as well as the Gatling gun turrets, shoot patterns of bullets, with the Gatling turrets mainly shooting at the sides of the screen. The big turret on North Wolf's main chassis shoots a straight line of slow-moving bullets. North Wolf in this form has no individual destructible parts, has 30000 health and rewards 15000 EXP when destroyed.
Once Phase 1 is destroyed, the chassis will split in half and be ejected towards the sides of the screen, revealing North Wolf's true form as it unfolds to become... a mechanical wolf. Big surprise. Its big turret is still functional, and it gains 2 shoulder-mounted cannons. North Wolf now slowly crawls backwards whilst shooting, and has 35000 health.
- Basic Firing: Shoots lines of bullets from its main turret, as well as firing waves of bullets from its shoulder cannon that is mounted on its front limb that is currently retracted (its right in the image). Note that North Wolf is constantly moving backward, and its limb positions will change. Yes, it fires every time North Wolf moves.
- Howl: Stops moving and howls, releasing a ring of 40 traps from its mouth. Then resumes moving.
- Claw Swipe: Depending on which side of the screen the player is on, swipes one of its claws in an arc, releasing 10 bullets in the process.
- Retreat: Used when 17500 health is reached. Turns around and runs away, its big turret still targeting the player. During this run, the exhaust pipes on its tail will release many, many small bullets in many patterns, while the big turret still fires lines of bullets. This lasts until North Wolf is destroyed.
Once destroyed, North Wolf yields 20000 EXP, and the player advances to the next stage.
The Anti-Aircraft Defensive System Spinner is the mid-boss of the Castle of the Sky stage. A platform-mounted radar tower with 4 large turret platforms revolving around it, Spinner lives to swat enemy planes out of the sky.
Spinner is encountered around 450 tiles into the first stage, where it can be seen spinning slowly and idly. Upon spotting the player, Spinner will spin faster, about 4 seconds per full rotation, and its radar dish will target the player. Once fully on-screen, the camera will stop moving until Spinner is defeated. The Gatling Gun turret will target the player and shoot small, fast bullets, the "Hexadecaturret" will spin slowly and release slow bullets, the Penta-Trapper turret will shoot waves of traps while targeting the player, and the Claw turret will attempt to grab the player every 10 seconds. Spinner has no individually destructible parts, and has 20000 health.
Once destroyed, Spinner yields 8000 EXP and the player keeps moving through the stage.
Black Sun and White Moon
The Atmospheric Defense Pods Black Sun and White Moon are the boss (yes, you read that right) of the Castle in the Sky stage. This strange UFO-like attack cruiser is Gemini incarnate; possessing 2 AIs in one body, as well as 2 distinct true forms. They initially appear as a large armed flying... thing before revealing one of their true forms.
When the end of Stage 6 is reached, Black Sun and White Moon are launched from a capsule at the end of the Castle in the Sky, as it blows up. They hover to the player's altitude and begin battling the player. They have 5 rather fancy turrets mounted on them, 2 large and 3 small. These turrets launch a wave of Traps and Rocketeer missiles, in that order. There is also a large 4-barrel turret that shoots a completely random type of ammunition every time it shoots. The small turrets on the rotors, as well as the frontal Gatling Gun, shoot normal bullets. The rather small Trap Launchers shoot random spreads of traps. Black Sun and White Moon in this form have no individual destructible parts, have 30000 health and reward 20000 EXP when destroyed.
Once Phase 1 is destroyed, depending on which side of the screen the player is on, the appropriate parts explode, and the black spiky pieces on the sides of Black Sun and White Moon will open up, revealing that the white part of Black Sun and White Moon has an odd shape matching that of the black spiky pieces. If the player is on the left side of the screen, the white "core" blows up and is detached, and the resultant boss is Black Sun. If the player is on the right side of the screen, the black "shell" blows up, splits into two pieces and are detached, and the resultant boss is White Moon.
If the boss is Black Sun, after the white "core" is ejected, the rotors re-position themselves and the black spiky pieces extend to form a pair of spiky arms. Said arms can be destroyed individually, have 15000 health each and yield 5000 EXP each. Two claw-like extensions also extend from Black Sun, and its eyes turn white. Black Sun now has 45000 health.
- Basic Firing: Shoots bullets from its rotor turrets and random ammunition from its 4-barrel turret.
- Clap Trap: Smashes its arms together, doing contact damage and simultaneously releasing traps from its trap launchers. If an arm is destroyed when using this attack, it will also release bullets from its rotor turrets.
- Spam Shoot: Fires its "fancy" turrets 5 times.
- Black Beams: Used when 25000 health is reached. Opens its claws, which are revealed to be laser blasters. They shoot laser beams that pierce everything and result in terrible death if touched. Black Sun will move left and right across the screen, firing either both or only one laser (random) every half a second for 10 seconds. Adding to the already-hard-to-dodge-lasers, Black Sun will also throw in some Traps for good measure.
Once destroyed, Black Sun yields 30000 EXP, and the player advances to the next stage.
If the boss is White Moon, after the black "shell" is ejected, the rotors re-position themselves and 2 extra Gatling guns extend from the front in a Triple Shot formation. 4 Drone spawners also extend from the rear of White Moon, and its eyes turn black. White Moon in this form has no individually destructible parts, and now has 45000 health.
- Basic Firing: Shoots bullets from its rotor turrets and Gatling guns, and random ammunition from its 4-barrel turret.
- Drone Swarm: Releases 50 Drones over the course of 5 seconds.
- Spam Shoot: Fires its "fancy" turrets 5 times.
- White Waves: Used when 25000 health is reached. Releases 20 drones every second, and also fires bullets from its Gatling guns and rotor turrets in a sine wave shape. ALSO fires waves of traps and Rocketeer missiles from its "fancy" turrets. This lasts for 10 seconds.
Once destroyed, White Moon yields 30000 EXP, and the player advances to the next stage.
The Polygon Experiment Penta-Gone is the mid-boss of the Great Pentagon Nest stage. Formerly just another Alpha Pentagon, it was used as a test subject by Rainbow. Its large turrets, made from the carcasses of its lesser brethren, wreak havoc for Rainbow against its own will.
Penta-Gone is encountered around 420 tiles into the first stage, where it can be seen as a normal Alpha Pentagon. Once fully on-screen, the camera will stop moving until Penta-Gone is defeated, and Penta-Gone itself grows 3 spawners and 2 large turrets with Green Pentagons for bodies. The spawners will spawn 6 Crashers total every 5 seconds, while the turrets themselves will spit out waves of 5 Skimmer bullets, 5 Rocketeer missiles, 10 Traps, 10 small bullets, and 5 large bullets, in that order, repeatedly. Despite appearances, they are turrets (not cannons), and they can and will aim at the player. Penta-Gone has no individually destructible parts, and has 25000 health.
Once destroyed, Penta-Gone yields 10000 EXP and the player keeps moving through the stage.
The Heavy Worm Harvester Omega-Devourer is the boss of the Great Pentagon Nest stage. Built by Rainbow specifically for the invasion of the Great Pentagon Nest, polygons (or anything else, for that matter) go in its mouth, and its internal systems process them into useful materials for consumption, while waste is converted into fuel or ammunition. How convenient! Not for the polygons, though. Omega-Devourer is 1 of 2 bosses to only have one form: In this case, a large mechanical worm-like vehicle.
When the end of Stage 7 is reached, Omega-Devourer will burrow out of the ground, emitting a mechanical roar sound as it swallows a few Pentagons in its wake. It will come out of the ground completely, as it begins to circle around the player (direction is random). Omega-Harvester has 5 segments; the first is its head. It has 2 large holes on its head, just behind the windows on its cockpit. Its giant eye also fires laser blasts. The second segment is armed with 6 Sprayer turrets, and the third houses a large double Gatling turret, ready to rain death on any resistance met. The fourth segment is rather odd: a simple disc, with a larger, incomplete disc around it. It may seem weak, but know that this disc is the definition of bullet hell, and launches projectiles that explode into masses of bullets. The fifth segment, its tail, is even more experimental: it possesses a massive fusion cannon, capable of launching miniature black holes that absorb everything and then explode. Omega-Devourer has no individual destructible parts and has 80000 health.
- Basic Firing: Fires bullets from its Sprayer turrets and Gatling turret, and releases rings of bullets from the holes on its head.
- Bomb Burst: Launches a small bullet from its disc weapon, which explodes into a ring of 20 bullets and 20 traps. Repeats this for 3 times.
- Fusion Launch: Fires a small bullet that explodes into a black hole that sucks in all projectiles from the player. After 3 seconds, it explodes, doing damage in a small area around it.
- Optic Blast: Stops moving and closes its eye. After 3 seconds, it opens its eye, and players have 1 second to move away before a HUGE laser is released from its eye, piercing everything it passes through. Said laser lasts for 5 seconds. After the laser stops, Omega-Harvester continues to move.
- Flameface: Moves off-screen, with a black arrow indicating where Omega-Harvester's head is. It continues to circle the screen for a while, before the arrow turns red. When it does, Omega-Harvester charges towards the center of the screen, doing contact damage, and also leaving a smoke trail for 10 seconds. The smoke trail does damage.
- Immobilizer: Launches a short laser beam from its eye that, after a few seconds, explodes into a small EMP blast that slows the player's movement by 50% for 5 seconds. If directly hit, it will do damage.
Once destroyed, Omega-Devourer yields 50000 EXP, and the player advances to the next stage.
The Biomechanical Defense Organism Kraken is the mid-boss of the No Tank's Ocean stage. A submersible with organic elements based off the legendary sea monster, Kraken is its name, and sinking trespassers is its game.
Kraken is encountered around 480 tiles into the first stage, where it can be seen emerging from the deep sea, swimming forwards. While the Auto Turrets do what you'd expect them to do, it has 2 long tentacles that are used to swat the player out of the sky. They are constantly moving, and every 7 seconds, one of the tentacles will swat at the player, doing contact damage. This attack uses the grabbing targeting system. Kraken's eye fires a laser beam forwards every 10 seconds. Kraken has no individually destructible parts, and has 30000 health.
Once destroyed, Kraken yields 12000 EXP and the player keeps moving through the stage.
Cloaking Extermination Nautical Annihilator
The Super Stealth Submarine Cloaking Extermination Nautical Annihilator (more conventionally known as the CENA) is the boss of the No Tank's Sea stage. Apparently, some Rainbow engineer watched too much WWE. However, just because it's a dead meme (arguably), doesn't mean it's weak (I mean, look at Sassafras). Possessing the ability to turn completely invisible, a plethora of retractable weaponry, and a large energy shield capable of blocking just about anything, this submarine is 100% guaranteed to storm on opposition "like thunder and lightning". It initially appears as a large submarine before revealing its true form.
When the end of Stage 8 is reached, CENA will rise from the depths and make itself visible, previously having hid completely invisibly in the water. After it becomes visible, many various panels will open up and reveal weaponry hidden within the submarine. There are 2 Rocketeer Turrets, 2 Skimmer Turret batteries with 3 Turrets each, 2 large Gatling Gun Turrets with 2 sets of barrels each, another Turret battery with 6 normal Turrets, 2 Triplet Turrets, an Overlord Turret, and finally a fusion cannon that does the same thing as that of Omega-Devourer's. There is also a large force field that has 20000 health, and it must be destroyed in order for CENA itself to be hurt. CENA in this form has 45000 health and rewards 20000 EXP when destroyed.
Once Phase 1 is destroyed, all the weapons on CENA explode, rendering them useless. The weapons are promptly detached and ejected, as the panels used to cover the weaponry close. Then, the entire submarine converts into a large bipedal robot with a giant screen for a face, without detaching any parts (save for the weaponry). There are 6 turrets on each of its arms, and in place of fingertips, it has Gatling Guns. Its face also plays various John Cena videos and clips, which may or may not include meme compilations. CENA now has 50000 health.
- Basic Firing: Fires bullets from its turrets.
- Scatterblast: Shoots lots of bullets from its fingertip-guns.
- You can't see me: Performs the "You can't see me" taunt and releases bullets from its hand, but then it actually turns invisible for 15 seconds. During this time period, it will continue to launch bullet-shooting attacks.
- Backbreak: Tries to grab the player. If it fails, it releases 10 bullets in a ring. If it succeeds, it raises one of its legs so its knee is visible, then it moves its hand with the player towards its knee. It stops right before impact, but an unwary player may still slam into the knee and die. All while launching bullets from the turrets.
- DDT: Pounces towards the player. If it makes contact, the player takes contact damage and dies. If it does not, then CENA will fall into the water, sending 10 Skimmer bullets in random directions. CENA re-emerges from the water 2 seconds later.
- Attitude Adjustment: Tries to grab the player with both hands. If it fails, it releases 10 bullets in a ring. If it succeeds, CENA raises his hands above his head and throws the player into the water, not doing any damage (surprisingly), but releasing 10 Rocketeer missiles in a ring, while also stopping the player from shooting for 3 seconds.
Once destroyed, CENA yields 40000 EXP, and the player advances to the next stage.
The Unholy Amalgamation Project Brutality is the boss of the Secret Factory stage. Constructed from the remains of R.H.B. Conqueror, Reaper, Ra, CH-300 Spartan and North Wolf, this... thing is the pinnacle of
recycling Rainbow engineering; they managed to get scrap metal from the bottom of the ocean to successfully function! Project Brutality is 1 of 2 bosses to only have one form: In this case, a combination of parts from the aforementioned bosses.
When the end of Stage 9 is reached, the head of CH-300 Spartan can be seen lying on a platform. Said head is then grabbed by a mechanical claw. The claw then moves backwards along an assembly line, as more and more parts are attached to the head. Upon completing the assembly of Project Brutality, one of its eyes light up, and the engines on its body activate as the claw releases its grip on the head. Project Brutality then flies backwards through a long corridor whilst battling the player. Project Brutality has no individual destructible parts and has 80000 health.
- Basic Firing: Fires every single one of its turrets at the player. See its components' sections on how what turret works.
- Lunge Grip: Charges forward and tries to grab the player with its claw. If it succeeds in grabbing the player, it does contact damage. If it fails, it releases 20 bullets, with 10 going left and 10 going right.
- Eye Beam: Launches an instant-hit laser directly forwards from its inactive eye.
- Arc Slam: Swipes its left arm in an arc motion, launching forward 10 Rocketeer missiles in the same arc shape.
- Drone Cloud: Launches 120 drones over the course of 10 seconds.
- Thunderclap: Slams its hands together and launches 20 Skimmer bullets and 10 Traps in a ring.
Once destroyed, Project Brutality yields 60000 EXP, and the player advances to the next stage.
The Penultimate Intervention Mechanism Hellbat is the mid-boss of the Final Rainbow Base stage. As Rainbow's second-to-last line of defense, every time Hellbat is activated, it wonders if it is fighting simply because no one else is there to. No matter the answer, Hellbat makes sure the base's visitors feel at home- its home, hell.
Hellbat is encountered around 500 tiles into the first stage, where it swoops down from above and immediately begins attacking the player. The cannon mounted on Hellbat's chest releases a constant spiral of bullets that will, every 10 seconds, suddenly change direction without warning. There are also 2 cannons hidden in Hellbat's feet that launch 3 Rocketeer missiles in a spread. Meanwhile, mounted on its wings are 2 large Tesla Coils where its thumbs should be. They fire electrical bolts that slow the player's firing speed by 25%. Hellbat's visor fires lasers in a giant beam that is as wide as the visor itself. Hellbat's mouth also launches waves of bullets 5 every 5 seconds. Hellbat has no individually destructible parts, and has 45000 health.
Once destroyed, Hellbat yields 20000 EXP and the player keeps moving through the stage.
The Final Rainbow Defender Spectrum Union is the boss of the Final Rainbow Base, and is the final boss of the game. The mastermind behind Rainbow and the core of the base, once it goes, Rainbow goes with it. It initially appears as... something... before revealing its true form.
When the end of Stage 10 is reached, Spectrum Union can be seen idling in a cave. Upon seeing the player, Spectrum Union will deploy weaponry from one of its "petals", then point it at the player. Since there are 6 petals on it, there are 6 different phases as a result. Each phase has different weaponry, 35000 health, and rewards 20000 EXP when destroyed.
Once Phases 1-6 are defeated, the petals scatter and move into position, then grow various appendages. The red and purple ones grow a pair of tentacles each, the yellow and green ones sprout spiky mandibles, and the orange and blue ones gain a set of pincers. Meanwhile, the core emits some form of ooze that quickly solidifies into a semi-transparent skull with the core serving as the eye. Spectrum Union now has 60000 health. Only the central skull takes damage; the petals cannot be shot at unless stated otherwise.
- Time Blast: Fires waves of 5 Rocketeer missiles from its eye. Happens every 5 seconds unless stated otherwise.
- Tentakill: Shoots beams of energy from the tip of its tentacles forwards. These beams do damage themselves and explode into bullets that go sideways.
- Chomp: Snaps at the player with one of its mandible petals, releasing 10 Traps in a ring around the petal.
- Lightning Blast: Shoot beams of lightning at the player from its tentacles. These beams slow the player to half of their usual speed.
- Alien Breath: Pauses using Time Blast, and spits forth a wave of 10 Skimmer bullets in an arc from its mouth.
- Dice Grip: Tries to grab the player with its pincers. If it succeeds, it deals contact damage. If it fails, it releases 10 Drones.
- Tentacle Punch: Curls up all of its tentacles, then sends both tentacle petals forward, doing contact damage if they touch the player.
- Regurgitation: Spits out 10 Traps from each mandible petal.
- Defense Formation: Uses all its petals to block its core for 10 seconds. The petals can now take damage, and have 7500 health each. They can be destroyed individually for 5000 EXP each.
- Mandiblast: Opens its mandibles, and shoots a bullet from the pointy tips. Repeats for 3 times.
- Snap Clap: Claps its pincers together 5 times, launching 10 Traps each time.
- Self Destruct Sequence: Used when it reaches 10000 health. A large timer starts counting down from 10 as the various appendages retract back into the petals as they move back into their initial positions and orbit the skull, which begins to flash red. During these 10 seconds, the petals will absorb unlimited damage, but the skull can still be hit. Time Blast is still in use.
If Spectrum Union is destroyed before the timer goes off, it yields 60000 EXP and the player advances to the victory screen. If Spectrum Union is still alive when the timer goes off, the petals explode one by one, releasing a ring of 50 bullets each, before the skull itself explodes, releasing 50 Skimmer bullets. No EXP is given, but the player will still advance to the victory screen if it survives.
- R.L.D. stands for Rainbow Light Destroyer, while R.H.B. stands for Rainbow Heavy Battleship.
- Baron of Buzzsaws also makes an appearance in The Extended Tale of Diep as a member of the League of Iron.
- Khepri and Ra both take their names from Ancient Egyptian mythology.
- Khepri's appearance is also a heavily altered version of Frenemy's.
- CH-300 Spartan's name is from the movie 300, if it wasn't already obvious enough.
- Spinner gets its name from a fidget spinner. Yes, a fidget spinner. Totally not running out of ideas.
- Penta-Gone's physical appearance is based off Rho, a boss created by FallenBooster. Used with consent.
- Omega-Devourer was partially Sparky's idea.
- AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA!
- Project Brutality's name is from Bruticus. The source may not fit the current form of Project Brutality, but it originally had a more humanoid appearance, with each component boss serving as a limb and one of them forming the torso, like a proper Transformers combiner. This was dropped after I had no idea how to assemble it properly, but the name stuck.
- Hellbat has nothing to do with Batman.
- Spectrum Union's name is, of course, a pun on the visible spectrum.