Tamatoa was accidentally drawn out of a trans-dimensional portal by Sassafrexen and came out upside down. Not being the kind of Hesperian to let a mistake go to waste, Sassafrexen enhanced Tamatoa with IE Energy to become the Grappler Legion Commander.
And that's it. Well, apart from the fact that he's constantly on the run from Berthe because of the latter's obsession with shiny things. Tamatoa wants to flaunt his dazzling qualities, but it's impossible to do so when a crazy ice wolf is rummaging through the pile of gold on your back, scattering coins everywhere.
He was given a lobster tail, despite being a crab. Don't question the wisdom of Lord Sassafras.
In-game, Tamatoa is a giant circle with a pile of gold on his body. His claws (which are claw-shaped) have Hesperian eye markings on them. I'm too lazy to describe him further.
Invasion Army Event
Tamatoa is the Grappler-class Legion Commander, one of ten. He is physically weak and is very slow, but can cause chaos by constantly summoning his Legionnaires in to grapple everyone fighting him in every which direction. His claws are also very heavy and have lethal qualities.
Tamatoa constantly summons randomized Tier 1, 2, and (more uncommonly) 3 Grappler Legionnaires in at a rate of 2 every 10 seconds, with a maximum of 30. Rarely, a Tier 4 may spawn.
There is also the added complication that he is singing "Shiny" all the way through the battle, so it's bound to get annoying quickly.
- Claw Smash: Tamatoa brings one of his giant claws down on a player, dealing high damage in a small area.
- Claw Bash: Tamatoa brings one of his claws into a player from the side, knocking them far away and dealing medium damage.
- Claw Crush: Tamatoa grabs a player with one of his claws and crushes them, dealing high damage and inflicting Bleeding for 5 seconds.
- Claw Tear: Tamatoa grabs a player with one claw and rips off their weapons with his other claw, dealing medium damage. Any weapons can be picked up, but they will be rendered unusable for 15 seconds.
- Claw Eyez: Tamatoa fires yellow pulse lasers that explode on impact from the eye markings on his claws.
- Grapple: Tamatoa grabs a nearby structure (a tree, boulder, etc.) with one of his extending claws and pulls himself toward it quickly, damaging players along the way for medium-low damage.
- Claw Crash: Tamatoa scuttles at a player, smashing into them and bashing them into the ground with both of his claws, dealing very-high single-target damage.
- Claw Mash: Tamatoa grabs two players with his claws and swings them into each other before flinging them far away, dealing high damage over the course of the whole attack.
- Tailstrike: Tamatoa turns around and whaps a player with his tail, inflicting medium damage and Paralyzed for 4 seconds.
- Pin Down: Tamatoa jumps up and lands on a group of players, dealing medium-high area damage.
- Leg Poke: Tamatoa jabs a player with one of his non-claw limbs, dealing medium damage and inflicting Burning for 3 seconds.
- Dazzle: Tamatoa turns around and flashes the gold on his back, inflicting Blinded for 3 seconds.
- Sparkle Cannon: Tamatoa fires gold coins from his back, splattering players in a 20-tile radius for low damage.
In Phase 2, Tamatoa gains the new attacks below, in addition to his Phase 1 attacks.
- Grapplemaster: Tamatoa grabs up to 10 players in rapid succession and flings them every which way.
- Hesperian Claws: Tamatoa encases his claws in IE Energy, increasing the damage of any attacks performed with them by 50%.
- Clawizter: Tamatoa launches huge clumps of gold from his claws that explode on impact, doing high area damage.
- Reversal Strike: Tamatoa turns around and performs Tailstrike, but this time he launches the player higher into the air. As the player comes down, Tamatoa strikes them once more, launching them sideways and far away from the rest of the battle.
- Goldstorm: Tamatoa makes it rain gold from the sky, inflicting Slowed and Unfocused on all players for 15 seconds.
- I'd Rather Be Shiny: Tamatoa turns completely gold and dazzles players, dealing low damage repeatedly over 10 seconds, 7-10 times.
- Shell Smash: Used at 15% health. Tamatoa's ejects all of the gold on his back into the air, and his shell cracks. Then, an energy field surrounds his shell and that shatters instead of the shell. When this happens, Tamatoa's attack power doubles, but he now takes 50% more damage from all sources.
- Grip: Tamatoa grabs a player and smashes them into a Grappler Legionnaire, who will then fling the player into the air to deal medium-high damage.
- Spicy Summon: Tamatoa summons 10 Tier 1 and 2 Grappler Legionnaires, with a 20% chance to summon 15 Sassafras Minions as well.
Once Tamatoa reaches 0% health, he will attempt to perform Reversal Strike, but accidentally flip himself over instead when trying to hit a player. When this happens, he looks awkwardly at the players for a few seconds before a portal opens underneath him and all of his Legionnaires, sucking them in and returning them to Hesperia.
- May be subject to copyright infringement. Dunno. Tamatoa is a character owned by Disney that I do not own the rights to. Blah blah blah, copyright this and that.