|The subject of this article is no longer in Diep.io! Please keep note while reading that this feature is archived and cannot be done/played in Diep.io anymore.|
The Machine Gun II (simply called Machine Gun in the game) was a Tier 3 Tank that upgraded from the Machine Gun. It looked exactly like the existing Machine Gun and even had the same name in the game; however, it had increased Bullet Damage, Bullet Speed, and a decreased spread. It upgraded to the Destroyer at Level 45, making the Destroyer the only tank that was a Tier 3 and Tier 4 upgrade simultaneously.
The Machine Gun II featured a circular base with a large trapezoid style turret on the front. It is identical to its predecessor, the Machine Gun in terms of design.
The Machine Gun II increased the base Bullet Damage and Bullet Speed. The spread also generally decreased, essentially turning the tank into a semi-focused fire tank. It is the Machine Gun but enhanced with stronger stats.
As the Machine Gun II
- Stay away from tanks with fast and sudden Bullets, like non-Overseer Sniper upgrades.
- Never approach the summoning Classes unless aware of how to handle them.
- Try to focus more offensively as a Machine Gun II.
Against the Machine Gun II
- Use a long-range tank, and take them out by surprise.
- Use another Machine Gun II, and max out Bullet Damage and Penetration, as well as Reload to get a real edge over them.
- Use Drones and surround them.
- Use a Triplet or Penta Shot to spam out a ton of Bullets at them.
- Do not go up to a Machine Gun II with a Level 45 Basic Tank, even with Bullet stats maxed out.
- The Machine Gun II was the only Class to upgrade from a Class which had the same in-game name.
- This is very similar to the new Sprayer, a Machine Gun upgrade introduced much later on. They both have less spread. The difference is Sprayer shoots two Bullets at once but has less Bullet Damage.
- It was removed in the update the Gunner was added, possibly suggesting that it was a placeholder.
- The Destroyer upgrade from this tank was fan-dubbed “Mega Destroyer” (despite having no gameplay differences at all).
- The Machine Gun II was the first tank to be removed from the game.