- Not to be confused with the Overlord, the upgraded form of the Overseer.
The Overseer is a Tier 3 tank and one of the four upgrade choices of the Sniper at Level 30. Upon upgrading the Sniper barrel is replaced with Drone Spawners at opposites ends of the tank. They will automatically spawn Drones and will continue to do so until the capacity of 8 is met.
The Overseer has a circular base with two Spawners on opposite sides of the tank, perpendicular to the cursor’s trajectory.
TechnicalOverseers can control up to 8 Drones to attack and defend themselves from other entities. When not controlled by the player, the Drones will target the nearest polygon or player within a certain distance of the tank.
The Overseer’s Drones are moderately strong and very fast — rivaling the speed of actual Bullets they can out-speed the fastest classes in the game depending on how they are being controlled.
Overseers have slow drone regeneration, with “reload” about six times slower than that of a Basic Tank.
However, they still pack quite a punch; each Drone is 130% as strong as a Basic Tank projectile of the same build, making for up to 1.73 Destroyer Class projectiles’ worth in momentum in total.
- Main article: Drones
The Overseer’s Spawners will spawn up to 8 Drones in sets of 2 that the player could use to attack enemies within a safe distance of their tank.
When Auto Fire is on or Left-Click/Space is pressed, Drones will move towards the player’s cursor.
When Right-Click or Shift is pressed, the Drones' controls will be overridden, causing the drones to move away from the cursor’s position. (If whilst pressing Left-Click they moved north, when holding Right-Click they will move south.)
Auto Fire overrides the AI. If Auto Fire is OFF and Left-Click is not pressed, any Drones within a certain distance of the tank will target the closest enemy entity around.
It should be noted that the drones don’t target enemy drones nor other projectile types. If no target is found the Drones will slowly circle the player until a new direction is received.
- Strong Against: Slow tanks, low DPS tanks, Sniper branch (when up close), Tri-Angle class (if your Drones focus on one).
- Weak Against: Destroyer branch, high DPS tanks, Sniper branch (when far away), Overlord, Boosters, Dragon Tri-Angle classes, and High-reloaded Necromancers
As the Overseer
- Drone classes do not have any weapons or forms of defense outside of their drones. Since Overseers need to depart from their drones to attack, it may be wise to spend a few points on Max Health/Body Damage as they level up.
- When attacking, players should watch out for rammers and other users trying to flank them.
- When attacking, players should go for distracted or lower-level tanks. As classes with a higher rate of fire can destroy the Drones while running away.
- However, if the enemy can only address one front at any given time it may be possible to spread the drones around them (Right-Click) to make escaping/destroying them more difficult, then attacking them from multiple sides & closing the drones on them at the end (Left-Click).
- Due to the class’s low reload, players should try for their drones to avoid enemy fire when attacking. For while they have 2 unspawned drones to go. Once they are destroyed – they will be vulnerable to attacks until the spawners fire again.
- Players in a tight spot should keep their drones to themselves and Repel if an enemy comes near. As multiple drones are generally enough to slow enemies down. And defending with just the drones in front of you is inefficient. And will result in you being overwhelmed due to the class’ low reload and the low area the drones negate whilst doing this.
- When in an area with heavy Bullet fire, players should keep the drones to themselves and look for an opponent they can single out.
- Players within 2 Teams and 4 Teams modes can earn XP by staying at the very corner of the map and sending their Drones away via right-click/Shift.
- One method to getting to getting to this is to not upgrade to sniper until you are level 30 and can skip over it, due to the fact basic tank's fire rate allowing it to be able to output higher DPS than the sniper or at least allowing it compete if your team is destroying all the shapes before you can.
Against the Overseer
- Players looking to counter the Overseer can use Classes like the Tri-Angle. They can easily maneuver around Drones and ram the Overseer. Players should ram the Overseer before it can get its Drones close enough to protect it.
- Tanks with massive Bullet Penetration such as the Destroyer can kill 4 maxed out Drones (Drones with max Drone Speed, Health, and Damage) of the Overseer’s Drones with one shot, and then move in to kill it.
- Skilled Smashers also have a great chance of victory, however, this only happens if they catch an Overseer at the right time (with its Drones deployed).
- Skilled Players can use a higher Movement speed to get the Overseer to Repel their drones, giving them some time to get in close for a kill.
- The Overseer is the first tank ever to use different ammunition controls by using Drones that follow one’s cursor instead.
- The Overseer currently has the highest number of Upgrades, being 6.
- The Overseer’s upgrade button is green. If its upgrade button was the color corresponding to the order that it was added in, like other tanks, then its upgrade button would be blue, as this tank was added before the Assassin.
- Overseer's name origin could possibly be from how a real-life Overseer "oversees" their workers.
- The Overseer's drones are 80% of the size of the Overlord’s drones.