Members of the local Community Administrator user-group are able to exercise most local permissions offered by our Wiki. Compared to Full Administrators, they lack only MediaWiki access & a few technical tools.
It should be noted that Community Administrators are regarded as social leaders on the Diep.io Wiki, as Full Administrators might be seen on other Wikis, & are therefore accorded a great deal of respect & responsibility.
What Community Administrators are able to do
- Alter protection settings to control who can perform what actions to a page.
- Change protection levels:
- Change protected actions:
- Move — restricts who can rename a page.
- Edit — restricts who may edit a page.
- Create — restricts who may create a page.
- Change protection duration.
- Delete pages.
- Restore pages that have been deleted, or specific revisions thereof.
- Rename pages in addition to their subpages.
- Suppress Redirect (move a page without leaving a redirect).
- Use the Rollback tool to undo vandalism.
- Move files.
- Protect files against users uploading.
- Have access to several restricted special pages, including but not limited to:
- Delete Message Wall or Forum threads so that only Full Administrators or other Community Administrators may view or restore them.
- Moderate blogs:
- Move blogs.
- Edit other people’s blogs.
- Delete blogs.
- Disable or enable comments on other people’s blogs.
- Block other users via Special:Block.
- Unblock other users.
- Change block settings, such as to extend or shorten blocks.
- Grant & revoke the following groups to users:
- Remove themselves from the Community Administrator user-group at any time.
How to become a Community Administrator
Senior Administrators select new Community Administrators from amongst our standing Moderators & Sentinels based upon their performance, skillsets, & upon the necessity for new Community Administrators. Provided that another Community Administrator is desired, Senior Administrators generally look for one or more of the following traits in potential candidates:
- Personability: being able to get along with one’s editor peers in a friendly fashion.
- Pliability: willingness to complete assignments, & to adhere to hierarchy.
- Leadership: initiative in leading efforts to improve one area of the Wiki or another.
- Responsibility: frequent exercise of one’s given rights in a fair fashion.
- Judgment: being able to gauge where another person’s skillsets lay, as Community Administrators are tasked with the promotion of new Moderators & Sentinels.
Users in this Group
- ↑ Local user-groups only effect one Wiki. A Community Administrator on this Wiki will not be a Community Administrator on any other Wiki unless they are promoted separately.
- ↑ Contains statistics, a panel full of very basic moderation tools, & an advanced panel full of roughly 100 Special Pages used for moderation, analytics reports, & cleanup.
- ↑ Views a list of a given user’s deleted contributions which would be invisible otherwise.
- ↑ Allows pages from other MediaWiki projects to be imported as pages here, including their file histories.
|Senior Admin (Full Admin) • Community Admin • Code Admin • Moderator • Sentinel • Bots|
Community Council • Global Discussions Moderator • Autoconfirmed • Users