Members of the Global Discussions Moderator group, abbreviated as GDM & denoted by a masthead Tag on their user pages, are Staff-selected volunteers with experience in Discussions Moderation & general Wiki-know-how, whose purpose is to help with community development around the Discussions feature.
- Help communities who request help or are designated by FANDOM Staff as needing help, usually when a Wiki has an active Discussions area yet no willing admins to moderate it, or when the volume of Discussions is overwhelming.
- Identify key users who would be ideal Moderator candidates on the local level, & point them out to local Administration.
- Engage in community building & development by working with local Admins to establish effective Discussions Categories & Guidelines, or to work within the realm of established Wiki-Policy when local Admins are not engaged.
- Educate Discussions & Community App users about collaborative editing & the community that exists outside Discussions.
What GDMs are able to do
- Rename Categories.
- Create Categories.
- Merge Categories together (thus deleting one).
- Edit the Discussions Guidelines.
- Access Discussions Insights.
- View Reported Content.
- Approve reported posts.
- Move posts to another Category.
- Edit posts.
- Lock posts to prevent replies.
- Unlock posts.
- Delete posts.
- Restore posts.
- Edit replies.
- Delete replies.
- Restore replies.
- Block other users via Special:Block.
- Unblock other users.
- Change block settings, such as to extend or shorten blocks.
How to join
Joining the Global Discussions Moderator program is by invitation only. FANDOM Staff look for the following traits:
- A history of moderating Discussions and Wikis.
- Experience using Discussions as a participant.
- Social and leadership skills.
Anyone who wishes to know more about becoming a GDM may ask FANDOM for more details.
- ↑ Global User-Groups effect all Wikis on the FANDOM network. A Global Discussions Moderator on this Wiki will be a Global Discussions Moderator on every Wiki you visit.
|Senior Admin (Full Admin) • Community Admin • Code Admin • Moderator • Sentinel • Bots|
Community Council • Global Discussions Moderator • Autoconfirmed • Users