Members of the local Sentinel user-group are patrollers with several extra tools that help with the moderation of content & with rapidly dealing with spammers or vandals.
What Sentinels are able to do
- Block other users via Special:Block.
- Unblock other users.
- Change block settings, such as to extend or shorten blocks.
- Moderate content:
- Remove Vandalism:
- Use the Rollback tool to undo bad edits.
- Delete pages.
- Remove themselves from the Sentinel user-group at any time.
How to become a Sentinel
Community Administrators are tasked with selecting new Sentinels, & generally they select responsible users who would make use of the given-rights in an effective fashion. If you believe you need Sentinel rights in order to better help the Wiki, please visit the Joining Staff page.
Users in this group
- Local user-groups only affect one Wiki. A Sentinel on this Wiki will not be a Sentinel on any other Wiki unless they are promoted separately.
|Senior Admin (Full Admin) • Community Admin • Code Admin • Moderator • Sentinel • Bots|
Community Council • Global Discussions Moderator • Autoconfirmed • Users