Sandbox is a game mode added on September 3, 2016. It is similar in style to Free For All, except that the map starts out significantly smaller. Unlike other Game Modes, Sandbox includes cheats — players can change their Level and/or Class with the simple press of a button. This makes Sandbox useful for testing Builds and for finding/killing Bosses.
Additional players may join a Sandbox arena, through the use of a party link. Players who use cheats have their names displayed in yellow, and everyone else's remains white.
The entire map starts smaller than a large Pentagon Nest (around 50x50 tiles), but Crashers and Alpha Pentagons very rarely spawn at the center. As additional players join, the map size will increase by 20x20 tiles per player, increasing the size of the Pentagon Nest with it, along with the chance of Polygons (Alpha Pentagons and Crashers) spawning in it.
Much like with the size the Number of polygons available in the arena will increase by 12.5 polygons for every additional player. This number will then be rounded down to the nearest natural number. Polygons will respawn randomly 2 frames after one of them is destroyed.
(These keys are for the common QWERTY keyboard and normal settings. On other keyboards, the keys may be different.)
O= Suicide (There will be a
You've killed (Player name)message stating that the player were killed by [their name])
\= Switch classes
- Cycles through Classes beginning with the most recently added tanks.
- Previously, this also included (smaller versions of) all three types of Dominators, the Motherships, and the Arena Closers (all are the level of your current tank, but the smaller the level, the faster the speed). As of an unmentioned update, they are no longer selectable.
K= Level Up (hold down to gain Levels quicker)
- Maximum level is 45, even for special classes (Dominator, Mothership, etc)
;= Activates God mode, grants invulnerability, similar to an Arena Closer.
- Note: may not work on some keyboards.
- If the player is not using an English (US) QWERTY keyboard, they can find the key to activate the God mode by opening an On-screen keyboard and changing the Windows keyboard language to see the position of the key.
- God mode can only be used when only one player is on the server. This function will be automatically deactivated if a second player joins the Sandbox and when all the other players leave it will become available again.
- Note: may not work on some keyboards.
- Dominators, Arena Closers and Motherships used to be playable in Sandbox, but because the maximum level is 45, they will appear much smaller.
- This was the only game mode in which Arena Closers and Motherships are playable. However, Motherships also used to be playable in the now-removed Mothership mode.
- A day after its release, Sandbox was changed to be disabled for adblock users, as shown by the image at the right. When Maze game mode was added, adblock users were denied access for the latter, but otherwise, all players can now play Sandbox.
- Like in every other mode, random Bosses will spawn 10 minutes after the room is created and 15 to 23 minutes after the previous Boss despawns. Bosses will not give XP if in God Mode and the server will close after 10 minutes of inactivity.
- Polygons won’t respawn at a certain distance from players, so if the map size is small enough and the player stands at the center of it, Crashers won’t spawn at all.
- As a Necromancer, the number of Drones a player can get will be directly dependent on the number of polygons available and thus– the number of players in room. (Due to Necromancer drones being counted as Shapes).
- When playing with others, be wary of trolls, as they generally switch into Arena Closers. This is no longer the case as you can no longer play as an Arena Closer.
- As of September 4th, the arena size has decreased.
- The Sandbox Cheats might be the Developer Cheats (probably with restrictions, such as special tanks like Dominators, Mothership, and Arena Closer).
- It was once possible to get achievements in this mode, that is no longer the case.
- As of September 24th, 2020, Dominators, Motherships, and Arena Closers are no longer playable in this game mode anymore. Motherships are now only playable in Woomy-Arras.io when upgrading with Director-Colony-Stovepipe-Mothership OR in the Mothership gamemodes in Arras.io.
This section contains bugs related to Sandbox. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
|Click to Show Bug List|
|Removed Game Modes|