|Tale of Diep (ToD) is no longer under active development as a derivative of Diep.io and remains here as an archive, though spin-offs such as The Extended Tale of Diep remain active. For info on the successor to Tale of Diep, now an independent work called "A Tale Where Nothing Matters", visit its Discord server here.|
NOTE: This page is no longer part of the Tale of Diep concept. It has been removed.
Boss Frenzy was an Event Gamemode created by Zathsu. It featured a story-based mechanic where groups of players team up to fight powerful entities that used to be called Mega Bosses. Every run of Boss Frenzy, players must fight and bring down one of six Mega Bosses. Depending on a player’s place in the story, Boss Frenzy could have been accessed differently.
Boss Frenzy could not have been played until a player had unlocked 20 of the Achievements exclusive to the Tale of Diep. Once this was done, that player can begin collecting Panzer Tokens, of which it took one to enter every run of Boss Frenzy. Once a player had gotten the Hericide achievement, gotten by killing the Archprophet, Boss Frenzy became free to enter.
- Boss Frenzy costed 1 Panzer Token to enter every run.
- All players belonged to the Blue Team.
- Polygons appeared as normal. Score gain was 2x faster than in FFA.
- Fortresses could spawn before the timer runs out, but afterward no more would appear.
- There was a large ten minute timer at the top of the screen that began counting down once the first player entered the server. If a player joined four minutes into a game of Boss Frenzy, they only had six minutes to prepare.
- Players could not enter the middle of the map. Giant Fortress walls formed a hexagon shape around a decently-sized chunk of it.
- Once the ten minutes were up, the timer is replaced by a health bar, and one of many bosses will be released from the center. Players have to work together to fight and kill it.
- If you die before the Boss is killed, you cannot respawn. You either wait for the current game to end, or refresh and go to a new server.
- The first game mode page on Diep.io Conception Wikia. Also was on the Fan Ideas Page on the actual Diep.io Wiki (Only War Machine existed back then, however).