|Tale of Diep (ToD) is no longer under active development as a derivative of Diep.io and remains here as an archive, though spin-offs such as The Extended Tale of Diep remain active. For info on the successor to Tale of Diep, now an independent work called "A Tale Where Nothing Matters", visit its Discord server here.|
Bosses created for the Tale of Diep are listed here. Bosses are powerful entities meant to be able to rival many players on their own at once.
What Are Bosses?
Bosses are powerful entities that can spawn about the Realm. There are currently ten classifications of boss: Polygon Bosses, Guardian Bosses, Fallen Bosses, Realm Bosses, Sons of Panzer, Final Sons, Gladiator Bosses, Polygon Disciples, Event Bosses, Legendary Bosses, and lastly, Era Bosses.
Almost every boss has a health bar, each with the same layout. Health bars appear at the top center of the screen. They are about half of the screen long, but centralized, as to leave a fourth left on both sides, of course having the scoreboard of the server at the far right if there is one. As for the layout, to the left of the bar itself but attached is a circle with a portrait of the boss in its initial state (should it go through multiple phases), with the bar of course spanning the rest. The name is written and centralized in the health bar. For Sons of Panzer only, because they can be worth more points depending on players they kill, the score received for killing them is listed at the far right in parenthesis. Multiple health bars can appear one below the other should multiple bosses be present, but no more than five. The health bar of a boss will only appear if the player is within 200 tiles of it in any given direction. Once the health bar can be seen, an arrow like the ones used for the leader of a server will appear, flashing red and with the boss name behind it. Once again, Sons of Panzer are an exception to this (including Final Sons as well), as their health bars will only be seen if within their Fortress/Mega Fortress. A full exception list will be given in the Trivia. The only boss in the game without a health bar is the Avatar of Panzer.
Bosses spawn under certain circumstances. Sons of Panzer spawn within Fortresses, structures that randomly appear throughout servers. Once the Son within it has been killed the Fortress vanishes and makes way for a new one. Guardian Bosses spawn after certain events have happened in or around a Polygon Nest. Gladiator Bosses have a chance to replace the spawn of the current in-game bosses (Guardian, Summoner, etc). Mega Bosses spawn in Boss Frenzy, and when killed, the server closes and restarts. Legendary Bosses are the utmost extreme forces of the realm. They are the strongest of the strong, and have very intricate, random, or intense build-up to their battles. And ancient prophecies only tell of a rarity and classification of boss higher than Legendary...
Each boss category has its own rules, listed out on their pages, which are redirected to in the headings. One rule that they all follow, however, is that no type of boss are attacked by base drones in team modes.
The strong guardsmen for the entirety of the Polygons. Created through the hands of the Polygon Disciples, they are meant to be one of the last resort for any average nest to rely on. They come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, ranging from small and quick, to gargantuan beasts with several forms of attack. Certain of these entities are completely unique, and their origins are far too hard to comprehend at first. They come in vast numbers, and should one be destroyed, they will easily come back to fend off the Empire once more...
- Battle Carrier
- Trape Fighter
- Phage Lord
- Cascade Army
- Vis Ultima
Spawn exclusively in The Realm and its many areas. Not all of the areas have bosses yet, and not all of the bosses are even close to finished. They just spawn randomly in The Realm area they're assigned to, no notification, nothing.
- Illumina Goliath
- The Hand of the Dunes
- Minion Horde
- The Forgotten King
- Polar Titan
- The Pentagun (Boss Tank Penta Shot)
- The Trio of Doom (Boss Tank Triplet)
- The Octagon (Boss Tank Octo Tank)
- The Juggernaut (Boss Tank Destroyer)
- The Kingpin (Boss Tank Assassin)
- The Supplement (Boss Tank Tri-Angle)
- The Overmaster (Boss Tank Overlord)
- The Lich (Boss Tank Necromancer)
- The Prince (Boss Tank Fighter)
- The Arrow (Boss Tank Booster)
- The Tres Geminos (Boss Tank Triple Twin)
- The Chimæra (Boss Tank Hybrid)
- The Shadow (Boss Tank Stalker)
- The Keeper (Boss Tank Ranger)
- The Wolf (Boss Tank Predator)
- The Bureaucrat (Boss Tank Manager)
- The Helix (Boss Tank Sprayer)
- The Titan (Boss Tank Mega Trapper)
- The Mason (Boss Tank Tri-Trapper)
- The Tactician (Boss Tank Gunner Trapper)
- The Strategist (Boss Tank Overtrapper)
- The Decimator (Boss Tank Landmine)
- The Soldier (Boss Tank Auto Gunner)
- The Automaton (Boss Tank Auto 5)
- The Artisan (Boss Tank Auto Trapper)
- The Estuary (Boss Tank Streamliner)
- The Torrent (Boss Tank Spreadshot)
- The Frigate (Boss Tank Battleship)
- The Judicator (Boss Tank Annihilator)
- The Cyborg (Boss Tank Auto Smasher)
- The Saw (Boss Tank Spike)
- The Puppetmaster (Boss Tank Factory)
- The Furnace (Boss Tank Skimmer)
Gladiator Bosses are something special. They only appear in Arena Gamemodes and all appear on the Arena Score leaderboards. They will spawn randomly within said gamemodes every 10-30 minutes, with multiple being able to appear at once. Royale is very powerful among them, spawning in his own unique Arena Gamemodes as its boss. Gladiator bosses, unlike many bosses within their category, are hostile to each other.
- Jack of Hearts
- Sumo Kabloom
- Bane of Drones
- Leaping Warmind
- Wicked Prince
Created at the dawn of the Panzer Era, when the Polygon Mother has been created through the hands of Panzer. There are eight Disciples, each representing a prominent breed of polygon which are under their control. The Polygon Mother couldn't protect each and every polygon in the Realm, so she had summoned them to serve as kings and queen of their own domain, independent of her, and still connected. The Disciples are responsible for the protection of the Nests and the summoning of the average Polygon Boss. They are considerably more difficult than Gladiator bosses, some even as strong as Event Bosses. Slaying them will create great disturbances throughout the Realm...
Event Bosses spawn under certain conditions in The Realm. Most of them are very powerful, and the whole server is alerted when they do appear. Most of the time, players must actively take the steps to awaken these powerful beings. The location of The Realm they are stationed in is next to their name in parenthesis.
- The Storm of Fragments (Imperium)
- Draconis Rex (Paradigm Dunes)
- The Prism (Somber Falls)
- Soul of Azerot (Vallard Wastes)
- Glimpse of Panzer (Any?)
Bosses that are so rare and nigh-endgame, they are usually only fightable by certain requirements. They take not just a server, but full co-operation from everyone possible to destroy them.
Bosses that people can only dream of seeing even once before they finally set the game down. Era Bosses mark the end of a story, and are usually the final bosses of their expansions. There is currently only one Era Boss... and there will only be one for a long time...
- Was the first page dedicated to Boss Tanks, and the Sons of Panzer were also on the Diep.io Fan Ideas Page from the Diep.io Wikia (albeit there were less of them and a lot less complex).
- The ten current classes of Boss are: Polygon Boss, Guardian Boss, Realm Boss, Sons of Panzer, Gladiator Boss, Polygon Disciple, Event Boss, Mega Boss, Legendary, and Era Boss.
- Due to their rarity, each normal Gladiator Boss has a 1/3 chance of giving players a Panzer Token if they get a certain damage threshold on it.
- The bosses that spawn in Fortresses all have a collective name, "The Sons of Panzer".
- There are some exceptions, as Disciples also spawn within a similar kind of Fortress.
- The only exception to the 'health bars' rule where multiple will appear, is during the Avatar of Panzer fight, where summoned Sons of Panzer and Final Sons in Phase 5 will not have their health bar shown. Even then, Avatar of Panzer doesn't have one either... mwa ha ha ha!
- As stated at the top, here is a list of bosses where you must be in their arena/room to see their health bar:
- A lot (if not all) of this ties in to The Tale of Diep.
- Its not even funny how many bosses have been moved around at this point.
- There is a total of 142 bosses on this page so far, due to the ridiculous amount of boss categories that are on this page. And more are yet to come.
- Originally this page only covered Sons of Panzer, until all the new types were added.
- First was Sons of Panzer.
- Then Mega Bosses (which was dumped on September 19th, 2017 to make way for Realm Bosses and the removal of Boss Frenzy.)
- Then Legendary Bosses (though Archprophet was the only one for a LONG time).
- Then Gladiator Bosses.
- Followed by Event Bosses.
- Next came Guardian Bosses. (which eventually will be dissolved)
- Then Era Bosses.
- Polygon Disciples were added a while later, as part of the revamp for the Polygon Mother.
- After came recently, Realm Bosses, and are the second most recent addition to this oversized list of bosses.
- Polygon Bosses were added to the list as of September 19th, 2017. (However they were there much earlier, just now Graviatar have merged completely with this page.)
- Realm Bosses are the current new list of bosses for Tale of Diep. Unlike other categories, it is very wide-spread. Consisting of many Area-Exclusive entities, High Prophets of the Cult of Panzer and Paramarchs.
- Diepmon stop editing my Nav for me.
- Graviatar stop editing the Nav for me.