|Tale of Diep (ToD) is no longer under active development as a derivative of Diep.io and remains here as an archive, though spin-offs such as The Extended Tale of Diep remain active. For info on the successor to Tale of Diep, now an independent work called "A Tale Where Nothing Matters", visit its Discord server here.|
If the tanks keep destroying them, a storm of them will occur; one by one they unite and full of determination to dominate this arena. They hear the cries of help from the three-sided figures, and this is their wish granted.
The Cascade Army is a mass swarm of Cascade nest defenders, they only spawn after 30 Triangle nest defenders have been destroyed, and one Cascade Nest defender in the same server. Unlike other polygon bosses, the Cascade Army is technically not a single bodied enemy. Instead it's a collective swarm of Cascades cooperating and smiting their enemies. When this boss spawns, all Cascades will appear at once, from a single point moving away from each other. This the boss version of Swarm Seekers.
There are three different phases for this boss, phase two activates only when four Cascades are left, and phase three activates when only one Cascade is left.
BGM: <soundcloud url="https://soundcloud.com/a-norko/diep-tri-seekercascade-army-theme" height="" auto_play="false"></soundcloud>
(Only plays during the first two phases)
The Cascade Army is consist of ten Cascade nest defenders all united to take on their enemy. Each cascade is a red triangular body with a small spawner on the back. Two auto cannons are placed on the front two sides in resting position. There is an invisible "body" which the Cascades may circle around in, there is a also an invisible point that marks the direct center of the boss.
Cascades are the basic unit in this multi-enemy boss, there are ten of them. Cascades have independent AI's but they collectively are placed together and will behave as a single unit. There is a single point in the center of the boss where the Cascades may encircle and there is a range surrounding it that is 10 tiles in radius. If a Cascade moves 15 tiles away from the swarm circle, it will turn around and quickly move back into the range circle. Often during idle, they may bump into each other when circling the middle point.
Cascades have 850 HP individually. They deal 12 HP of body damage per hit and has 10% resistance to enemy ammunition. They regenerate 5 HP per second, if left unharmed for 30 seconds, regeneration boosts 300% faster. Each cascade moves 15% slower than large Crashers. They will move 40% quicker only during the Dash ability or if it goes too far from the "body" of the boss, in phase three, the last remaining Cascade will passively increase speed by 20%. Upon destruction a Cascade will reward 5,000 EXP. If a Cascade is destroyed, they will break apart and release a storm of 5-15 Swarm Seekers. There is an 8% chance for a Swarm Seeker that was created from the destruction of a Cascade to spawn as a Tri-Blade.
Each Cascade has two Auto Cannons. Each cannon has 40 degrees of rotation in each direction, however in resting position, it always face directly parallel to the front vertex of the body. They reload the equivalent to an auto-3 with 5 points of reload. The bullets move moderately fast. Each bullet has moderate damage and penetration. The Auto Cannons have 20 tile radius in range. In phase two and three during certain attacks, the cannon may reload 20% quicker.
The Spawners on the Cascades will constantly produce small Swarm Seekers. Every 0.4 seconds a Seeker is spawned, they only have a lifespan of 8 seconds however. When spawned if the boss is idle, they will move out in a random direction very much like Battleship drones. During phase two, the spawners reload 20% quicker by default. 5-15 of them will spawn from the destruction of a Cascade. Unlike Swarm Seekers however they don't reward exp. The Swarm Seekers move 25% faster than small Crashers, and are also smaller. These Swarm Seekers have 15 HP, They deal 7 HP of body damage per hit. Swarm Seekers individually has no resistance to ammunition.
The Cascade Army can process a few ways of attacking the enemy, mainly drone use abilities. There are two kind of attacks, one is only singular based, others are collective. In phase three, all attacks are singular based because there is only one left.
Phase One Individual
- Chase: The Cascade will target a tank that is nearest and will begin to chase the enemy, firing the auto cannons and creating drones. They will return the the swarm if they get too far. This is one of the most common attacks. Will not activate when collective attacks are in effect.
- Drone Frenzy: The Cascade will temporarily produce drones 20% faster for 5 seconds. This attack can be stacked up with the Chase and Spreader ability. Will not activate when collective attacks are in effect.
- Spreader: Drones created by an individual Cascade will fly out in random directions. Each drone will not target anything, just moving straight. This attack can not be stacked up with the Chase ability. Will not activate when certain collective attacks are in effect.
- Dash: The Cascade will increase dramatically in speed for 2 seconds to avoid dangers, usually happens when very high damaging bullets or rammer build tanks are about to collide into them. It has a 5 second cool-down. This attack will not occur during certain collective attacks.
Phase One Collective
- Charge!: The entire group will charge into a single target, all focusing their drones and cannons at the same target. Cascades with lower health will move towards the middle of the swarm. This attack will happen when a tank deals sufficient damage to the boss.
- Retreat!: The entire group will move away from any tank in range, all having the drones spawned directly behind facing the opposite direction.
- Protective Circle: Five Cascades with the most HP will create a circle, with auto cannons facing outward and drones facing inward, the injured ones will huddle together inside, increasing regeneration by 300%. The outer Cascades' cannons will target the tanks normally. They will also create drones normally. The ones inside seize fire because they are expending their energy to regeneration. This ability lasts for 8 seconds. Only occurs when at least one of the ten Cascades are below 50% of their HP.
- Corona: All Cascades will activate the Spreader ability for 5 seconds, creating a mass aura of drones.
Phase Two Singular
By default, drones created by the remaining Cascades will increase by 20% initially.
- Chase II: The Cascade will target a tank that is nearest and will begin to chase the enemy, firing the auto cannons and creating drones. They will return the the swarm if they get too far. Auto Cannons will reload 20% quicker during this attack. Will not activate when collective attacks are in effect.
- Drone Frenzier: The Cascade will temporarily produce drones 20% faster for 5 seconds. This attack can be stacked up with the Chase and Spreader ability. Will not activate when collective attacks are in effect.
- Spreader II: Drones created by an individual Cascade will fly out in random directions. Each drone will not target anything, just moving straight. This attack can not be stacked up with the Chase ability. Will not activate when certain collective attacks are in effect.
- Dash Stream: The Cascade will increase dramatically in speed for 2 seconds to avoid dangers, usually happens when very high damaging bullets or rammer build tanks are about to collide into them. It has a 5 second cool-down. While dashing, it will also leave a trail of 10 Swarm Seekers. This attack will not occur during certain collective attacks.
- Sacrifice: The Cascade will increase speed by 40% and will move in front of a Cascade that is severely damaged. During this attack, it will activate Spreader II attack on top of that.
Phase Two Collective
- Burst: The four remaining Cascades will form a tight circle, each facing a direction. They suddenly do the Dash ability, moving in a straight line away, creating a trail of drones. If there are three, they form a triangle shape and burst out with increase speed by 10%, if there are only two they go back to back onto each other and burst out with increase speed by 20%.
- Retreat II: The entire group will move away from any tank in range, all having the drones spawned directly behind facing the opposite direction.
- Corona II: All Cascades will activate the Spreader II ability for 5 seconds, creating a mass aura of drones.
- Last Goodbye: Only occurs when there is only two Cascades left, the one with HP below 50% will quickly dash into the last one. It will transfer off of its remaining HP and dies. Leaving the last Cascade with increased Stats...
With only the last one left, it must avenge the rest of the lost ones... During this phase, it once again increases base drone production by 20%. It increases base regeneration by 100%. The last Cascade has a max of 1,700 HP. The boss theme stops playing during this phase.
- Deadly Chase: The Last Cascade will target a tank that is nearest and will begin to chase the enemy moving 20% faster, firing the auto cannons and creating drones. It will intentionally avoid any ammunition in its way.
- Stream Line: It will stop for 1 second and then quickly turn and viciously lunges at the nearest strongest tank, turning away the moment it is 5 tiles in range of the tank. 20 Swarm Seekers are produced while dashing. Auto Cannons will fire normally.
- Ultra Spreader: Drones created by the last Cascade will fly out in random directions. Each drone will not target anything, just moving straight. Drone production will increase by 20%. This attack will last for 2 seconds.
- Runner: It will avoid tanks level 15 and above and will find a place to regenerate, if left unharmed for 20 seconds, it will increase regeneration by 200%.
- Self-Destruct: When it approaches 10% of its HP, it begins flashing white, it will not regenerate anymore. It will target the most concentrated area of tanks and then will explode into a swarm of 50 Swarm Seekers. If somehow it gets manage to be destroyed before it explodes it will reward a special achievement.
- Very complex for a group of Nest Defenders.