|Tale of Diep (ToD) is no longer under active development as a derivative of Diep.io and remains here as an archive, though spin-offs such as The Extended Tale of Diep remain active. For info on the successor to Tale of Diep, now an independent work called "A Tale Where Nothing Matters", visit its Discord server here.|
The Fireball! is a random entity that will sometimes occur in a server. They have a 1/10,000 chance of appearing each time a Polygon spawns.
The Fireball! is a large flickering orange bullet surrounded in massive flame effects that leaves a long trail of fast moving light gray bullets behind it.
- Will shoot in from one side of the map, and travel in a straight line until it hits a player, boss, or another wall.
- If it hits a player or boss, it will explode.
- If it hits another wall, it will disappear.
- If its any Polygon OTHER than an Alpha Pentagon, the Polygon will be destroyed. If it hits an Alpha Pentagon, both die.
- Once the Fireball! explodes, be it from hitting a player or boss, it splits into seven small orange Traps, and deals quite a lot of damage to what it hit. BUT, it gives them 10,000 score as well if they live. This score part does not effect bosses.
- Players hit by the Fireball!'s smoke trail, will be Stunned for 6 seconds.
- The Fireball! deals 20x damage to Bosses.
- If the boss is killed by it, the death notification will read "The Fallen Booster was killed by a Fireball!", or whatever boss it happens to be. This only considers already in-game bosses, but could thereotically be used against Mega Bosses or Gladiator Bosses. The Sons of Panzer who reside in Fortresses, and so they can never be hit by a Fireball! because of them.
- The '!' is part of the name.
- Once one is spawned, everyone in the server can hear a guy crazily screaming "Fireball!".
- Once the Fireball! leaves, is destroyed, or escapes, everyone is notified with the appropriate message:
- "The Fireball! has escaped".
- "The Fireball! has struck (player/boss)"
- "The Fireball! has hit an Alpha Pentagon... fail"
- The Fireball may come in near the top-left corner at a down left angle, making it leave almost instantly after entry. This example is given just to show the Fireball! can come in from any side at any angle.