|Tale of Diep (ToD) is no longer under active development as a derivative of Diep.io and remains here as an archive, though spin-offs such as The Extended Tale of Diep remain active. For info on the successor to Tale of Diep, now an independent work called "A Tale Where Nothing Matters", visit its Discord server here.|
When we sealed Panzer away in the depths of a world we never knew, what was left of him became either independent creatures, elements of our world, or resources to be scavenged. With the loss of Panzer came a shriek like metal from beyond, and burning skies for decades. The atmosphere above was in a constant state of red, and flickered like a burning bonfire. The land was desolate for far too long.
However, when the smoke cleared and the world was habitable once more, these strange disks could be found in the ruins when we emerged from hiding. Their origin is unknown, but it is assumed that like the rest of what The Great Dark One left behind, it is a part of his essence, and a sign. Most of these 'Panzer Tokens' were taken and hoarded by the Cult when their influence was the strongest, but ever since, when one of their highest members dies, a couple of tokens are left behind... What purpose do they serve?
While never seen in-game apart from next to the bar telling you how many you have, the Panzer Tokens have a design. They take the appearance of black metal coins with a square-shaped hole cut in the middle. Various inscriptions of reaching arms and other testaments to death, mark both sides. It feels warm in your hands... and pulsates in heat like a heartbeat.
Panzer Tokens can be used for many purposes. They are attained by killing the Cult of Panzer's highest warriors and prophets, but can also be rewarded to you by becoming a successful part of a realm claim through conversion by a Prophet. The most well known and easiest way to gather Panzer Tokens, is through slaughtering the Archprophet in his chamber. He can just never seem to die forever though...
- Become a Prophet by upgrading to it from Acolyte at Level 45.
- Buying upgrades in the Panzergram.
- Accessing certain gamemodes.
- More uses will come eventually!
- Kill the Archprophet. Awards everyone there with 20-64 Panzer Tokens based on damage done to him.
- Each Gladiator Boss has a chance of giving a Panzer Token to all players who did at least 10% of their health in damage to them.
- Tears of Panzer have 1/200 chance of dropping one, each.
- The Judicator has a 1/2 chance of dropping a Panzer Token.
- Each Son of Panzer has a 1/5 chance of dropping one. For only the Prince, this chance is doubled to 2/5.
- Reaching Arena Ranks gives weekly Panzer Token income.