|Tale of Diep (ToD) is no longer under active development as a derivative of Diep.io and remains here as an archive, though spin-offs such as The Extended Tale of Diep remain active. For info on the successor to Tale of Diep, now an independent work called "A Tale Where Nothing Matters", visit its Discord server here.|
The Protector is a tank that upgrades from the Doctorate at Level 45. It has no upgrades, being the final in its path. Created by Zathsu.
The Protector is a tank within The Tale of Diep, meaning it has been subject to the redesign. It has a metal helmet with golden accents, a shield in its hands, and two Auto Drones that follow the player, firing for them. Auto Drones are Drones with a barrel one side.
- Favors a magical shield over the spells of its predecessors. Right-clicking creates a bright blue line that does not move and stays where you put it like a Trap.
- This line is 30 tiles long (play Diep.io really quick to look at how long that is).
- This line deflects all bullets that hit it. In Team Modes, teammate's bullets will pass through it.
- The shield will not deflect most boss attacks.
- Lasers can penetrate shields.
- The shield works on both sides, if someone decides to shoot it, and not you, for some reason.
- Shields last 10 seconds.
- Shields are facing the angle your front was. If you were looking diagonal-left, the shield is facing that way too.
- Placing shields has a 20 second cooldown, that begins once you place down one.
- Bullets that are deflected become a color hostile to the firer.
- Enemy players in The Arena or enemies in game that touch the shield will take THEIR Body Damage back at them every frame, and cannot go through it.
- Team members of the Protector that created the shield can pass through it.
- Has two Auto Drones that follow behind.
- Auto Drones are ToD's answer to Auto Turrets relative to the new tank design.
- They can turn and fire like an Auto Turret in any direction in their range.
- One Auto Drone will always attempt to position itself on each side of the Protector.
- Auto Drones cannot die.
- Auto Drones can be controlled by left clicking and holding in the direction the player wishes them to fire.