|Tale of Diep (ToD) is no longer under active development as a derivative of Diep.io and remains here as an archive, though spin-offs such as The Extended Tale of Diep remain active. For info on the successor to Tale of Diep, now an independent work called "A Tale Where Nothing Matters", visit its Discord server here.|
The Rocket is a Level 45 tank that upgrades from the Trailblazer. It may not upgrade further. Idea by Diepmon.
The Rocket looks like the Trailblazer, except has a slightly longer front spike than the Trailblazer. It also gains a barrel underneath of the Machine Gun barrel like that of a Sprayer but having the same recoil as the big barrel.
- Also doesn't have a charge ability like the Lancer.
- The bullets (big and small) actually fire in a spread, unike its predecessor.
- Body Damage is once again passively increased when upgraded to, the buff being greater than that of the Thruster.
- Strong Against: low DPS tanks, slow Smasher branch tanks
- Weak Against: skilled Drone tanks and high DPS tanks, Trapper branch tanks, Destroyer branch tanks
As the Rocket
- Avoid drone tanks and Trapper branch tanks. Treat this tank defensively-wise as you would a Booster or Fighter.
- Play the Rocket like a Booster, so you can either ram into enemies head-on or somewhat glance off their body. It also has many of the weaknesses of the Booster as well.
- Since this is a Lancer branch tank, it is meant to be used as a ramming tank, with a build like (5-7/7/7/0/0/0/7/5-7).
- Ram head-on, as the Rocket has a greater recoil than the Thruster and also has greater additional base body damage.
- Avoid traps at all costs. They can heavily damage you as your lances cannot clear the traps fast enough for you to break through a wall of traps without taking heavy damage.
- Stay away from prepared high DPS tanks, especially Twins, Triplets, and Sprayers. Destroyer branch tanks are also a threat as they can release heavy damage at close range.
Against the Rocket
- Use traps to ward off unwanted Rockets. They cannot penetrate through it easily, let alone blast their way through with their rear cannon.
- Skilled users of drone tanks can easily decimate a careless Rocket, provided that they sweep it at the right time.
- Necromancer and Overlord are by far the best tanks for the counter above.
- Crowd-control tanks can create a bullet storm to discourage the Rocket from attempting to sideswipe them, but they must be aware that the Rocket can penetrate through and target spots unshielded by their bullet storm.
- Bullet spammers should focus their fire on the Rocket, making sure to shoot ahead of it as Thrusters are usually very fast.
- Destroyer branch tanks should have adequate movement speed to evade and whittle down the Rocket, although evading is somewhat easier than avoiding the Thruster due to the lack of side spikes.
- This tank is similar to the Booster, however unlike the Booster it has a greater bullet recoil, thereby having a greater acceleration than the Thruster and having a higher possible top speed.
|Tier 1||Basic Tank|
|Tier 3||Trailblazer • Bastion • Navigator • Injector • Extender • Serrator • Punisher|
|Tier 4||Rocket • Thruster • Afterburner • Warp Drive • Scramjet • Turboliner • Telepointer • Burst • Dustblazer • Paladin • Armored Bastion • Launcher • Shredder • Mega Lancer • Innovator • Gladiator • Knight • Heavy Bastion • Intersection • Vantalancer • Hatchet • Cyclone • Cartographer • Caravan • Labeler • Renderer • Navirazor • Stabber • Defibrillator • Discharger • Scientist • Twinjector • Satellite • Hadron • Needlenose • Inflator • Lancer Trapper • Vacuum • Striker • Drill • Duo Flank Serrator • Serraphen • Warden • Vindicator • Guillotine • Royal Guard • Winged Hussar • Tailcan • Slicer • Excalibur|