|Tale of Diep (ToD) is no longer under active development as a derivative of Diep.io and remains here as an archive, though spin-offs such as The Extended Tale of Diep remain active. For info on the successor to Tale of Diep, now an independent work called "A Tale Where Nothing Matters", visit its Discord server here.|
Stormbringer is a Realm Boss that spawns in Shattered Coasts. Stormbringer is a Mist Wraith, a species of intelligent creatures resident to the area, making their homes in seaside caves and summoning rains and mists on the waves of the sea. Powerful Mist Wraiths can cause maelstroms alone, and are very dangerous. Stormbringer is a lesser Mist Wraith in that regard. Stormbringer battles with style, and with one of the most dangerous ways he possibly can: dance.
Stormbringer is ghost-like, only half there, a bit transparent. He is light gray and his body is divided into multiple layers of almost cloth-like flesh as they go down his body, but slightly paler to not match that of a Fallen color. He has two arms like that of the Archprophet. The hand circles and hanging cloth of his arms are torn, with the holes transparent. There is a ghost-like tail that actually comprises the bottom of Stormbringer's body, similarly to Boris the Ghost Butler. His head rests on top of this tail, with the arms coming out just above where the ghost-like tail meets the body.
Stormbringer spawns within caves in and around the shore of Shattered Coasts. These caves are usually found embedded in the sides of the rock faces next to the lowest of shores in the roughs of the Shattered Coast. They wind back and forth relatively deep into the wall for a bit, before opening to a large roughly ovular room, that has a watery texture flooding the floor. Rain also drops in from the top of the screen and 'lands' randomly while touching the water, creating a ripple effect. Tanks cut through the water and leave a trail of water behind them as they pass through it. Once Stormbringer dies, the rain within the cave stops falling, and the exit reopens.
Stormbringer will awaken when at least 50% of the players inside the hall of the cave enter the end room. For example, if one or two players attempts to battle Stormbringer, only one is required to be in the battle room. If there are three or four players, it'd be at least two, etc. When Stormbringer awakens, he will slowly fade into view at the top center of the room, a bit away from the back wall, spawning in with a twirl. He will seal off the entrance with a wall of falling water that cannot passed through by extending his arm out toward it. After that, the battle initiates.
- Rise: Will raise both of his arms in a swooping upward animation as ten light blue bullets rise from the water placing ripples (5 on his left and 5 on his right), do a quick full body 3D rotate (his eyes will actually rotate a 360 and vanish as he turns around as if he was a 3D figure) with a spin effect, and then a finger snapping sound will play as they all begin firing toward the closest player as he strikes a pose.
- Storm Drain: One of his eyes will half close, and he will begin spinning, hastening in speed, until a watery vortex. Bullets will begin falling from off screen, light blue like the water. Deal light contact damage, but inflict Fatigued for 2 seconds. Stombringer stops moving and becomes Armored during this attack.
- Gather: A random amount of small bullets will rise out of the water in the fashion of Rise's bullets, and gather into a giant bullet above him, his hands cupping it. Will drop his hands then point them both straight outward. The giant bullet will explode into a mess of randomly sized bullets firing in random directions at random speeds.
- Water Jet: He will sink beneath the waters, effectively becoming Invincible. Every once in a while, he will twirl like a drill while darting upward out of the water before quickly going back down again. Every time he emerges, a ring of sixteen bullets is fired out from that location. On contact with a wall or player, these bullets split into four more bullets going in each cardinal direction, but don't travel very far. Happens 3 to 6 times in quick succession.
- Flash Flood: Will clap both of his hands above his head and wink. He will disappear in a flash of lightning before reappearing along the left or right wall, and releasing two wavy streams of Gunner bullets. Occurs 2 to 4 times in quick succession. Each time he will switch which wall he is along, alternating between left and right (or right and left if he starts on the right).
- Weather Pattern: Will form a dark orb of storm clouds between his hands, looking down at it. Six lightning beams will fire outward one at a time, from left to right, evenly spaced apart in a 180 degree angle in front of him. The storm cloud will then collapse on itself and release eight slow moving watery bullets that inflict Paralyze for 2.3 seconds.
- Geyser Burst: Will raise both of his arms rapidly, swirling with blue energy, as five points in the arena's water begins bubbling. A second and a half later, these explode into large AoE bursts of blue particles that inflict Bleeding for 3.5 seconds.
- Mist Cloud: Will fade into transparency, as misty clouds that do low damage spread across the arena. They also inflict Blinded for 6 seconds. 4 seconds after vanishing, Stormbringer will reappear and clear the clouds.
After sustaining 7000 damage and at 5000 health, Stormbringer will enter Phase 2. He will begin selecting actions much more quickly after the last one ends, and will start warping around the arena by becoming transparent to avoid damage. Both of these effects hasten ever more as he approaches death. His attack selection is also expanded upon.
- Storm Drain Duex: One of his eyes will half close, and he will begin spinning, hastening in speed, until a watery vortex. Bullets will begin falling from off screen, light blue like the water. Some will be larger than others, and their contact damage varies based on size, but all inflict Fatigued for 2 seconds. Stombringer stops moving and becomes Invincible during this attack.
- Water Jet Duex: He will sink beneath the waters, effectively becoming Invincible. Every once in a while, he will twirl like a drill while darting upward out of the water before quickly going back down again. Every time he emerges, a ring of sixteen wavy bullets is fired out from that location. On contact with a wall or player, these bullets split into eight more bullets going in each cardinal and diagonal directions, but don't travel very far. Happens 4 to 6 times in quick succession.
- Flash Flood Duex: Will clap both of his hands above his head and wink. He will disappear in a flash of white, before reappearing along the left or right wall, and releasing two wavy streams of Gunner bullets. Occurs 3 to 5 times in quick succession. Each time he will switch which wall he is along, alternating between left and right (or right and left if he starts on the right). These bullets inflict Cursed for 6 seconds.
- Geyser Burst Deux: Will raise both of his arms rapidly, swirling with blue energy, as seven points in the arena's water begins bubbling. A second and a half later, these explode into verylarge AoE bursts of blue particles that inflict Bleeding for 3.5 seconds.
- Lightning Rod: Will conjure an orb of clouds in his hands like Weather Pattern, but the six lasers will fire simultaneously, and inflict Dazed for 3 seconds on top of their damage. The storm cloud collapses as usual, releasing its Paralyzing shots.
- Harrowing Fog: Will begin raising watery bullets from the ground by quickly moving his arms about gracefully. These bullets fling themselves a short while after rising, and cause mist similar to that from the Mist Cloud ability in Phase 1 to appear around the impact site. This mist only Blinds for 4 seconds and deals no damage, however.
- Pump Twirls: Will vanish and appear at the top of the arena, go Invincible, and do a graceful twist with his hands together in front of him before facing them out and releasing a double helix alternating stream of bullets for 5 seconds and slowly gets wider and wider as it progresses. After that, his invincibility fades, he falls into the water, and rises out again with a splash elsewhere.
- Pressure Release: Will vanish and appear at the top of the arena, and smash his hand down into the water with a splash, as a line of geyser areas like those in Geyser Burst travel down the arena one at a time. After the first one, he can reposition himself along the top wall and do it a second and even third time before switching to the next attack. These geysers all inflict Bleeding.
- Water Bolt: Will charge up a big blob of softly glowing water above his head, hands cupped there. This bubble begins releasing a slow moving of flaming bubbles left to right, back and forth, increasing in speed for a few seconds. These shots bounce off of walls, deal light damage, and inflict Waterflame for 2 seconds.
Once down to 2000 health, Stormbringer will enter Phase 3. His eyes will turn a solid deep yellow, with glowing bright yellow emitting from them, as his body partially fades. His eyes will take on an angry expression, as everything goes much darker and it begins raining harder and faster within the cove. Storm clouds will obscure most of Stormbringer's already almost completely transparent body at this point.
The list below will repeat on loop until he reaches his Death Phase:
- Stormbringer will massively increase speed, darting around the room in a frenzy as his eyes release a yellow light trail as he moves. Stormbringer will follow a much simpler pattern on end. He will quickly dart with an aftereffect as described, stop, raise his arms to his sides, and have eight bubbly shots circle around him in a circular orbit before stopping their rotation and firing out yellow beams at the closest player simultaneously, all the beams converging at one focal point before spreading again outward. After that, the shots burst in a small area of tiny pellets that do light damage.
- Next Stormbringer will charge at a player, and swing his arms, before increasing speed and becoming a watery whirlwind. Stormbringer will go Armored as he becomes a blue tornado of water. From all around his body, blue shots will be released that inflict Weakened for 3 seconds. These shots are fired out, slow to a stop for a second, before rapidly shooting out in their intended direction much faster.
- After slowing to a stop from his spin, Stormbringer will sink down beneath the water, as bubbles will begin rising on the map. These bubbles pop out of the water, float in place, and then begin increasing speed as they attempt to home on a player. If they make contact with a player, or after 4 seconds, the bubbles will pop, doing a small area burst and inflicting Fatigued to those in its radius for 3 seconds. About four seconds after the bubbles begin rising, Stormbringer will re-emerge. The first hit that damages Stormbringer will do 4x damage and immediately cause all of the bubbles to pop. After this, the cycle starts over.
Stormbringer upon death looks scared with his arms in front of him, shaking, before vanishing into a thin mist and disappearing, leaving his loot behind.
Alternatively, at 200 health there is a small chance (around 1/80) that Stormbringer will sink into the water, the boss music will die, and instead a Mist Gift will be left behind, rising up from where Stormbringer retreated about two seconds later. This Mist Gift is a small quite solid looking ball of mist that does not move or attack. It has 1000 health (+50 per player). This Mist Gift drops everything that Stormbringer does, but at a doubled rate. There is no way to guarantee getting the Mist Gift to spawn and it is all left to random chance when Stormbringer hits 200 health.
- Used to be a member of the now disbanded tier of Guardian Bosses.