|Tale of Diep (ToD) is no longer under active development as a derivative of Diep.io and remains here as an archive, though spin-offs such as The Extended Tale of Diep remain active. For info on the successor to Tale of Diep, now an independent work called "A Tale Where Nothing Matters", visit its Discord server here.|
The Automaton looks like your regular Auto 5, but has one Auto Turret on TOP as well, and short midget Lancer spikes between the side Auto Turret. Not a son of Panzer, like the rest of them, but created by the same mysterious doctor behind the War Machine. The official name for this contraption in development was 'Project: Earth and Fire'.
<soundcloud url="https://soundcloud.com/zathsu/storm-the-castle" height="" auto_play="false"></soundcloud>
Death Animation Track:
<soundcloud url="https://soundcloud.com/zathsu/a-hero-falls-1" height="" auto_play="false"></soundcloud>
Note that all Sons of Panzer share these two tracks among all of them.
- Earth-Fire Buzzsaw: Will fold its guns inward (like the old four turret Auto Tank), so the lances stick out above them, and then spin rapidly into a player, slowly speeding up until abruptly stopping.
- Earth-Fire Storm: Will aim its guns directly outward, and rapidly spin to create an Octotank-like bullet storm.
- Earth-Fire Command: Red radiowave rings will be released from the top Auto Turret, and eight Defensive Turrets will spawn around the room in a flash.
- Earth-Fire Decimate: The top Auto Turret will aim at one player for a short amount of time, (following them if they move), and release a spread of three Destroyer bullets as if it was a Tri-Shot.
- Earth-Fire Repair: Will stop moving, and a wall of Traps will surround it. Five Drones will be released and begin slowly orbiting it and firing green bullets at the Automaton. These bullets heal it slowly, and this ability can only be stopped by piercing the Trap shield and hitting the Automaton. The drones will then hone in on the ender of the ability until death.
- Earth-Fire Eject: The lances will flash red, and fire outward like bullets. A short while after, new lances will grow in their place.
- Earth-Fire Eliminate: All Auto Turrets will be released as separate tiny tanks (except for the one on top), that will chase players and shoot at them until death.
The Automaton will begin spinning a bit quicker, rapidly increasing in speed for a few seconds before staying at a constant fast rate. The lances will fire out and dance around the body with trails of multi-colored light, before all firing upward two on each side and one in the middle, exploding into rainbow firework effects as the rest of the body explodes in white light.
- You can thank the same evil scientist who created the War Machine for this beauty.
- Was one of the five artificial Fortress bosses that were not a direct son of Panzer, the dark and evil one.