|Tale of Diep (ToD) is no longer under active development as a derivative of Diep.io and remains here as an archive, though spin-offs such as The Extended Tale of Diep remain active. For info on the successor to Tale of Diep, now an independent work called "A Tale Where Nothing Matters", visit its Discord server here.|
The Chimera looks like a Hybrid, except it has two Drone spawners at an offset, and a Mega Trapper barrel directly on the back. It has an almost Annihilator-sized barrel, and two long thin barrels next to it, one on each side. The Chimæra is also larger than almost all other Boss Tanks. Has a sun symbol on it, as well.
<soundcloud url="https://soundcloud.com/zathsu/storm-the-castle" height="" auto_play="false"></soundcloud>
Death Animation Track:
<soundcloud url="https://soundcloud.com/zathsu/a-hero-falls-1" height="" auto_play="false"></soundcloud>
Note that all Sons of Panzer share these two tracks among all of them.
Attacks and Abilities
Note: The Chimæra can have up to 6 Drones, 3 per spawner.
- Impact Zone: Fires a large Destroyer bullet at the closest player. Upon contact with a player, polygon, bullet, drone, trap, or wall; it will split into four smaller bullets travelling evenly spaced outward.
- Spray of Olympus: The two side barrels will spew forth as fast as a Streamliner for varying amounts of time, but both will start and stop at once.
- Collapse Upon: The drones will surround a player, and then converge in on them all at once.
- Final Hour: Will turn his back to a player, and fire a massive Trap at them. If they survive, they get Broken.
- Instill Fear: Will back up, flash purple, get the Frenzy buff, and act like a normal Hybrid for a while.
- House of Nails: Spins slowly in a circle creating a trap barrier, and then all of them get fired outward.
- Gaze of Stone: Fires a GIANT grey bullet that Paralyzes and Stuns all players hit for 5 seconds. Pierces multiple players and polygons.
- Gates of Sparta: Will release ten drones that vanish after the attack. They will line up 5 per side with the Chimæra's three barrels in the middle. Then, all the drones will charge with 3x health, as the Chimæra fires upon players with all three of its weapons.
His front barrel will begin collecting cracks, similar to those on Royale's main barrel. The cracks will then spread all around the rest of his body as the front barrels fly off, breaking into piles of dust carried away. A single white line will slash from left to right across the body, as a white flash consumes the screen and the body splits in to, sending pieces flying off in all directions, fragmenting into specks.
- The design was created by fans before the page was, so I had to adapt.
- The Chimæra was a Greek mythological creature, hence why some attacks have names relating to the mythos.
- The name was originally The Chimera, but was changed to The Chimæra after a dispute.