|Tale of Diep (ToD) is no longer under active development as a derivative of Diep.io and remains here as an archive, though spin-offs such as The Extended Tale of Diep remain active. For info on the successor to Tale of Diep, now an independent work called "A Tale Where Nothing Matters", visit its Discord server here.|
Ha, ha, ha... Watch where you step...
The Decimator looks like a giant Landmine, but dark gray and having lighter gray metallic wires wrap from the eye in the center to the edges and then go around it. Then, surrounding the body, the rotating hexagons spin in opposite directions, and have red highlights. Surrounding the black circular eye (which has a red pupil), are four Auto Turrets evenly spaced. The wires evenly run off into each of them at least once before continuing their trips to the edges. Is the fifth largest Son of Panzer, so it is pretty big. Just behind The Frigate in size.
Death Animation Track:
Note that all Sons of Panzer share these two tracks among all of them.
Attacks and Abilities
- Protective: Passive effect. The Decimator is like a reverse Landmine. It will move while invisible, and stay still while visible.
- Gun Down: The four Auto Turrets will all simultaneously aim and fire five shots at a player in rapid succession. These bullets have a SLIGHT homing effect, curving slightly if the player is moving, but will pass eventually.
- Eye Beam: Its pupil will follow a player before flashing yellow, and releasing a thin solid laser beam that can only barely be dodged by moving. Does low damage, but inflicts Burning for 3 seconds.
- Warp: Main type of movement. Will go invisible for 3 seconds, then reappear somewhere else. It does not actually move during this time, so no unfair deaths will be had because a boss you couldn't see charged you.
- Aerostat: Sixteen drones will come out of each Auto Turret, and push The Decimator around while it is visible. After they move it for 10 seconds while it attacks, the 16 Drones will all run off and chase players!
- Fanfare: Each Auto Turret aims directly outward and fires a bunch of randomly sized bullets of differently moving speeds. These inflict Broken and do quite a chunk of damage.
- Armor Broken: At 50% health, the hexagon spinners will break and vanish! He will be Broken until the end of the fight, but also be able to move while visible, and charge at players! During Aerostat, since he can now move himself, the Drones will just instantly begin chasing players when spawned.
- Crusade: Upon death, will crack into four pieces with a white flash, and 100 little pink Crashers will spawn!
The red pupil light will go black, fading like a computer that's power was just unplugged. The hull will them splinter into hundreds of pieces without warning, releasing a shrapnel burst and a white light from the center of the body. When the light fades, all is lost and The Decimator is gone.
- Yet another Son of Panzer with a HAL 9000 eye on it. The Octagon first began this trend (And ironically in the art, the eye doesn't look like that), and this is probably the 8th Son to do it.
- The wires on this boss should also be on The Octagon, by the way.
- The fifth largest Son of Panzer. The first is The Titan, the second is The Torrent, then The Octagon, fourth is The Frigate, and then this one.