|Tale of Diep (ToD) is no longer under active development as a derivative of Diep.io and remains here as an archive, though spin-offs such as The Extended Tale of Diep remain active. For info on the successor to Tale of Diep, now an independent work called "A Tale Where Nothing Matters", visit its Discord server here.|
The Helix looks like a Sprayer, except two spikes extend diagonally connected to the barrel. One Drone Spawner is on it back. A Smasher hexagon spins beneath the entire tank. An Auto Turret with four Machine Guns evenly spaced around it is on top of The Helix.
<soundcloud url="https://soundcloud.com/zathsu/storm-the-castle" height="" auto_play="false"></soundcloud>
Death Animation Track:
<soundcloud url="https://soundcloud.com/zathsu/a-hero-falls-1" height="" auto_play="false"></soundcloud>
Note that all Sons of Panzer share these two tracks among all of them.
- Raze: Will aim at a player and release a double helix pattern of bullets that looks like a DNA strand. This lasts for 4-6 seconds.
- Abolish: His twin lances will grow in size to be way longer than the barrel. He will then spin in a 360 degree very quickly, and his lances will have afterimages for effect.
- Surround and Destroy: Six Drones will be released from his spawner, and circle a player. They will all then converge inward at once as The Helix begins firing.
- Marked for Fire: A tank will get a red target around them. Two seconds later, The Helix will begin chasing them and firing for a number of seconds.
- On Guard!: Will get the Armored buff and surround himself in a shield of rapidly rotating Drones. Then he will begin firing the Drones off into players one at a time. At the abilities end he loses the Armored buff.
- Classic Helix: Will kind of wander and blast at players who dare approach. Acts like a regular Sprayer. Lasts for varied amounts of time.
- Polygonomial Ritual: Three random Defensive Turrets will be planted in a triangle shape. Bullets will link them together as The Helix moves to the center and all of them begin flashing red. Then they all target the nearest player with 2x reload and damage for 10 seconds. A very rare attack. The Defensive Turrets auto-die when the ability ends.
- Praise the Helix: Will release a number of 8-12 drones from its spawner, and have them orbit around him, protecting him from shots. These drones have 200 health, and when they reach 50, will quickly dash at the closest player.
The Helix will whirl around to fire at the closest player, only to have its barrels develop cracks of white light. These cracks will spread down the rest of The Helix's body, and the spawner will break off, fragmenting into powder. The rest of his body will soon follow, turning to dust accompanied by a white flash.
- It has two lances creeping along the side of its barrel, like The Strategist.
- Is one of the Bosses that get a Drone Spawner despite their inspiration tank not having one.