|Tale of Diep (ToD) is no longer under active development as a derivative of Diep.io and remains here as an archive, though spin-offs such as The Extended Tale of Diep remain active. For info on the successor to Tale of Diep, now an independent work called "A Tale Where Nothing Matters", visit its Discord server here.|
NOTE: This page is no longer part of the Tale of Diep concept. It has been removed.
The Kingpin is an Assassin with smoke coming out of its barrel in thin wisps. A mobster hat is positioned on the top of the tank at all times (even if the barrel rotates).
Death Animation Track:
Note that all Sons of Panzer share these two tracks among all of them.
- Snipe: Will shoot at players... like an Assassin.
- Summon Henchman: Will spawn in 2-5 Tier 2 AI-Controlled enemy tanks. They can be Twin, Machine Gun, Sniper, or Flank Guard. They all have mobster hats too.
- Shadowed Defense: Will move back into a shroud of darkness near the top of the Fortress and recover health. This can last varying lengths of time. Like Summon Henchman, some mobsters will be summoned and must be killed before he stops.
- Smoke Puff: Will shoot a cloud of smoke from its barrel. If a tank touches the cloud, they get the Slowed and Stunned debuffs for 4 seconds.
- Lights Out: A snapping sound effect plays and all players get Blinded. The Kingpin will then begin firing. Blindness ends when the ability does, but will last no more than 8 seconds.
- Handgun: Will back off, go half transparent, and fire off Destroyer bullets at random angles every 0.9 seconds. Fires about 8-12 Destroyer bullets before jumping back into position.
Will laugh as he releases a smoke bomb from his barrel in an attempt to escape, which begins creating a tiny smoke wisp. A few seconds later, the bomb will begin flashing and explode. Needless to say, as smoke fills the room, you can see his silhouette fade away into dust.
- The mobster hat thing is kind of a joke, but also super serious. They are there.
- Indirect reference to the smoking mafia crime boss... don't overthink it. Its a trope.
- This boss idea was made before the Stalker or Ranger existed, so the Assassin was given a Boss Tank due to not HAVING Level 45 upgrades to base them off yet. This happened to the Tri-Angle as well.