|Tale of Diep (ToD) is no longer under active development as a derivative of Diep.io and remains here as an archive, though spin-offs such as The Extended Tale of Diep remain active. For info on the successor to Tale of Diep, now an independent work called "A Tale Where Nothing Matters", visit its Discord server here.|
And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, "Come and see". And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say:
"A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine".
The Siphon is one of the four Final Sons who can spawn in Mega Fortresses. Being a Final Son, he is based on one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, The Siphon representing Famine from the Book of Revelation. While all Mega Fortresses have the same layout, his is very lacking of resources and structure. The walls are thin and cracked, the lava pools are dried and instead replaced by deep black pits, and overall the enemies, Antimages, Gazers, and Dark Ones, represent this as well, siphoning you of your energy as if hungry from famine...
The Siphon is a large dark gray tank with large beady solid red eyes, a mouth with exaggerated teeth as to show emaciation of the face (which is more centralized in the direction he is facing), and is constantly smirking a grin. He has two large Auto Turrets, one on each side, with a different weapon. On the right is a two-sided Destroyer barrel with a golden scale balance symbol on it. One barrel is colored pale blue and the other pale silver. On the left is a Machine Gun-like weapon. As he moves, a trail of black smoke particles appears behind him that quickly dissipates and is purely aesthetic. He is a master of Debuffs, draining players of their power as if succumbing to famine. Like all Final Sons, his fight is split into two phases.
- Balance: Will rotate his scale gun quickly, and whichever side is pointing further away from him decides the attack. Should it be silver, the gun will release a shotgun of five bullets that inflict Slowed for 3 seconds, from both sides. If it is blue, he will laugh and fire forth a sweeping laser from only the blue gun that sweeps 20 degrees.
- Swallow: Will open his mouth wide, all bullets will become half transparent, and then all shots will quickly fly into his mouth followed by a cheeky smirk.
- Purge: Will go wide-eyed, then release a spray of all bullets collected from previous uses of Swallow since the last time Purge was used. Can be dangerous depending on how many Swallows precede it.
- Drought: All buffs will be taken from players, and turned into a random debuff for 2 seconds. Meanwhile, he will dash toward players with a heavily decorated lance coming out of his Machine Gun barrel, inflicting Broken on those afflicted for 3 seconds.
- Curse: Will laugh and raise both his weapons, releasing a ring of sixteen Destroyer bullets that do less damage than would seem, and inflict Poisoned and Blinded for 2 seconds. After the initial burst, he will charge at players while releasing a seven bullet shotgun every second that travels fast, but not very far.
- Herald: His scale weapon will rotate rapidly while both guns rapidly flash one of five colors, each of which have a different effect if landed on when the rotation ends. After the ability is finished, the two sides of the scale return to their normal color.
- Pale Red: Will shoot out a Streamliner stream at the closest player for 6 seconds from his mouth.
- Pale Blue: The scale gun will continue to rapidly rotate while releasing bullets.
- Pale Yellow: His Machine Gun will grow the lance once more, and he stab forward in the direction of a player.
- Pale Green: Will laugh, summoning two Antimages in random positions around him.
- Pale Purple: Closes the eyes for 2 seconds, getting Broken, followed by a spiral bullet hell in four directions where players must move with the rotating streams or get hit.
The Siphon will lose his scale gun, which drops off and explodes into a ring of eight blue bullets that inflict Slowed and eight silver bullets that inflict Broken, once he hits 9000 health. Black smoke behind him becomes more evident. Gets Armored for the rest of the fight. His Machine Gun-Lance merge weapon is now constantly out.
- Dash: Twirls his blade upward, and dashes in the direction of a player rapidly.
- Gargle: Will open his mouth slightly wider, before firing off a random spray of bullets in that direction for about four seconds.
- Harvest: All Polygons, Drones, Minions, etc. (not bullets or players) will die, wither away, and for each one killed, The Siphon will recover 50 health.
- Famine: Will swipe his sword across below him, and the screen will go slightly darker. All players will be given three random debuffs and must fight three waves of ten random enemies from The Siphon's enemy pool. He is Invincible during this time.
- Depression: Will open his mouth, and a four-sided black Trap will appear inside of it representing a vortex. All bullets fired will be sent straight in, and will quickly fired back out in a random direction a second later. Lasts about 4 seconds. Bullets re-fired by The Siphon will inflict Weakened.
- Break: Runs up to a player, slashes them, stabs them, then pushes them away with a laser blast from the mouth that does no damage. While almost unavoidable should he successfully start the first attack, it doesn't do much damage.
- Siphon: Will stare directly at the screen, go Invincible, and spray forth in all directions from his open mouth a LARGE number of tiny white bullets that travel very far but move slowly, building up all around him. Players that touch it will shrink to 80% of their size, go slightly pale tan, and get inflicted with Slowed. This lasts until the end of the fight. Represents the physical effects of famine, mwa ha ha!