|Tale of Diep (ToD) is no longer under active development as a derivative of Diep.io and remains here as an archive, though spin-offs such as The Extended Tale of Diep remain active. For info on the successor to Tale of Diep, now an independent work called "A Tale Where Nothing Matters", visit its Discord server here.|
Trites can be described best as an observer. Quiet and patient, he is more than ready to face any invader in his fortress at any given moment. Don't expect him to be blabbering off about how great he is like Perpendiculus or yelling at his minions like Hexen. He is deeply focused on the one simple task of killing the tanks, and he will do it himself rather than relying on his brethren or the summoning of protectors. Apart from saying something neutral occasionally, he's quiet. The same can't be said for his deadly blades when they're paired with his considerable intelligence in both melee and magic.
Trites is one of the eight Disciples of the Polygons, being the third one to arise. Trites is as a whole a master strategist, and while he may seem silent during most standard situations, he doesn't bring about his personal problems, nor does he consider his fellow Disciples to worry about them. When he does talk they are often short comments about particular observations. He never seems to question any of the disciples, even the cold-blooded Ennealis, which she have dedicated a portion of her support towards Trites, and for good reason. Though from his perspective he can oversee the order and complexity behind the wall of deception, and the many flaws he has observed... Unlike many Disciples he's aware of the situation between the Tank Empire and the Cult, but he has since ceased to mention much about it.
Trites represents the Triangles and every defender associated with them. Trites, along with the other Polygon Disciples, is located in the heart of his Edifice. He is located in the climbing heights of the Neverest mountain chain, ever closer to the looming threat of the Cult. His complex is filled with the Triangle-based inhabitants and the keepers that await any intruders. They will be fought first before facing down the ruler of them all.
Trites's main body is a flipped triangle pointing downward, wearing a large samurai-like helmet up top. The helmet has a huge triangular protrusion on top, with a triangle gem in the middle. Said protrusion's bottom point sticks below the helmet and is pointing down. It has a beveled effect to it. Trites also has a gradient pointed ornament thing in the center of his helmet pointing up behind the protrusion holding the gem. Trites's arms and hands are made up of equilateral triangles, with the arms being significantly smaller than the hands. Like all disciples, the hands have weapons, which each have one trap launcher on them.
Trites's swords, of which there are two, have yellow and black handles and a red stripe running down the middle of the handles. The blades are styled after a Scimitar, a middle-eastern sword with a curved edge.
Trites has a total HP of 52,000. He has a 33% resistance to damage, which can be reduced to a minimum of 5%, even while under the Broken effect. Trites regenerates very slowly, 6 HP every second for all parts, regeneration does increase by 500% if left alone for over two minutes (though it's rare for that to happen). He has a base body damage of 50 HP, 40 HP for his hands. If players collide with Trites's body, there is a 1/3 chance of each hit inflicting Bleeding for 10 seconds. Despite his general weakness to ammunition, he has a lot of attacks that involve him deflecting and even avoiding large swaths of ammunition.
Unlike other disciples, Trites can't spawn polygons or Crashers, as he lacks a spawner. The only ways he can create one is through summoning them through arcane ways. As a result, there is no limit to how many triangles or Crashers he can use in his attacks (it's not like he summons loads of them, anyway.)
Trites can still summon various enemies and particular bosses like the Defender, Tri-Seeker, or Deltrablade. However, since he doesn't use polygons or Crashers in his attacks very much, as his mindset is just to keep on fighting. In Phase 2, Trites can summon boss entities. Unlike other Disciples, Trites only stops using his trap launchers in Phase 2; he will still use his swords, and to greater effect as well even when his hands are hurting.
Trites's attack style is deadly. With the least health of all the Disciples, Trites has to take extra care not to get hit too much. Luckily, his swords more than make up for that, as any ammunition that hits them is either reflected back at 50% power, destroyed, or bounces off and keeps going at 30% power, each of which has an equal chance to happen. Drones and traps are destroyed on contact, regardless of their type except for Mega Trapper traps, which takes 2-3 hits with Trites's blades to be destroyed by being sliced in half. Thorn Trapper mines will explode when destroyed, damaging Trites by explosion or spikes if they are close enough to his body or hands, but not players. Trites has quite a bit of reach with his swords due to their length. As if that weren't enough, he'll revert to casting additional spells for that. As for summoning abilities, almost no attacks use them. Attacks that control Crashers will be performed while Trites is still using his swords or trap launchers.
During this phase of the battle, he is in the center of the arena in his "Idle" stance, staying still as more players join in. Trites then stands up and speaks his monologue. Both players and Trites himself would not attack until he finishes. His first attack will block the exit and is only used once. Polygons created by Trites will not reward any EXP.
Trites is invulnerable during Phase 1, and only when his hands' HP reaches 0 will cause Trites to enter Phase 2. Trites will say something about his hands hurting but still pressing on, and Trites will continue to use his swords. Ammunition will pass through his hands as usual (but not the swords, which retain their collision and contact mechanics), but the only things that are disabled are his trap launchers. Attacks that require them are no longer selected, while those that use the swords are still available.
- Sharp Barrier: Trites summons a wall of Tri-Blades to block the exit, which condenses into three large Tri-Blades. Touching these Tri-Blades from the outside or inside will push players back with no damage, allowing nothing to enter or exit the fortress room.
I'll cut you away from us...
- Slash: Trites swipes one of his swords out to the side and sweeps it back in to hit anything in the middle for medium damage.
- Expand: Trites holds his swords in an X formation in front of him for a few seconds, and sweeps both of his hands out to a fully open position, hitting anything in the middle for medium damage. He is vulnerable during this attack because after he opens his swords up, he remains in that stance for a moment before returning to his normal battle stance.
- Sky Slash: Trites jumps and lands in an area nearby, dealing low impact damage and high sword contact damage, with both swords held straight out in front of him.
- Reversal Strike: Trites tosses out both of his swords. The swords travel in a horseshoe formation before returning to Trites's hands. The swords spin as they travel, dealing medium-low damage and are quite fast. Repeated twice.
- Razor: Trites lunges at a group of players while both of his swords detach and begin to spin around him until it becomes a blur. Any bullets in contact to this will immediately be reflected with 120% speed, while drones and traps are annihilated upon contact. Players upon contact will suffer mass damage and be knocked back all the way across the arena. This attack lasts for 4 seconds. Once completed the animation will revert to him retaining the swords and continuing.
- Blade Thunder: Trites holds up one of his swords (can be either left or right) and electric sparks begin to form around it. He then swings it in a direction towards the most concentrated group of tanks. Series of lightning bolts strike beginning from the tip of the sword continuing all the way to the end of the arena. Each bolt has a 0.2-second delay upon striking. Bolts will do area damage, more concentrated near the center. Tanks within 15 tiles of the strike will be inflicted with low damage and paralyzed, stunned, and blinded for 6 seconds.
- Trigonist's Sign: Trites stops moving for 2 seconds, and then he dashes with incredible speed at a 60-degree angle from his starting point and then turning each time around while dashing to form an equilateral triangle, ending back at his starting point. During this, a trail of medium-sized traps forms behind him. The traps will last for 12 seconds.
- Encase: Trites puts his swords behind him and uses his trap launchers, which flash red for a moment to spew out a barrage of red traps that encase several players. These traps are small and last for 30 seconds or until they are destroyed.
- Blazing Curve: Trites moves his swords into Expand's X-formation, and they get a blue-purple rapidly extending energy extension from their tips as Trites charges forward to deal high damage.
- Stance Change: Trites swaps one of his swords onto the other hand, and turns his trap launcher forward. In this form, he uses the following attacks:
- Dual Chop: Trites uses Slash with two swords, then performs a flying leap to deal shockwave damage on the ground in a forward arc. Both attacks deal medium damage.
- Claw Away: Trites jabs both swords forward and sweeps them to his right, then jabs them again and sweeps them back. Both contacts deal medium damage, with the jabs dealing a bit of knockback.
- Sear Off: Trites launches 8-10 dark red traps that inflict Burned on contact for 4 seconds (no additional damage). The swords gain a red-hot visual effect around their edges and also inflict Burned on contact for the next 12 seconds for 3 seconds with medium damage. The traps last for 15 seconds and multiple contacts after getting Burned once (even if the debuff ends) will not result in players getting the debuff again. Swords will apply multiple damage debuffs, though.
- Repetitive Caltrops: Trites fires out 8 large traps at a time, sweeping them out at players in a spread at high speed like a baseball bat. He repeats this 5 times.
- After performing one or two attacks, Trites will resume his normal attack form.
- X-Scissor: Trites crosses his swords, but not up close to him like in other X-formation attacks. He gets as close as he can to players and wields his swords like a giant pair of scissors, trying to "cut" them up for high damage. If Trites does not succeed in getting a player damaged through his attack, he will try again until he succeeds or he has tried four times.
- Triple Crush: Trites summons 12 large Tri-Blades or 15 small Tri-Blades or 9 XL Tri-Blades and sends them flying at players like ninja stars, three aimed with surprising accuracy at a time. Tri-Blades have their usual stats.
- Super Slice: Trites holds both swords together in both hands, holds the combined blade overhead, and slams it down on the nearest player with a guaranteed hit. The player is inflicted with damage equal to 3/4ths of their current health, so it will never kill them unless they have 1 HP.
- Tribeam: The protrusion on which Trites's triangle gem is mounted starts spinning faster and faster. Trites stops moving, putting his swords in front of him to shield his arms from ammunition as the gem releases a triangle-shaped red-white laser beam that sweeps back and forth, at a 150-degree angle in front or behind Trites, then repeated on the other side. Its final attack is to do a full 360-degree sweep, moving in and out to cover as much area as it can. The beam deals medium-high damage on contact and inflicts Dazed for 3.5 seconds. The laser isn't particularly fast, though.
- Twin Rotor: Trites hold both of his hands straight out, spinning his swords around as he himself spins into a blur. The spinning Trites dashes with insane speed at players, inflicting high damage and knockback on contact. Lasts for 12 seconds, with up to 5 players targeted. His selection range is short, though, so it's easy to avoid if you stay far away.
- Psycho Cut: Trites releases his swords, and powered with spectral energy (represented by a purple-blue aura), they attack players on their own, using Slash or combining to use X-Scissor or Expand. Meanwhile, Trites becomes Invincible and heals himself for 3 times the damage dealt by the swords. The healing effect is only used up to 4 times during Phase 1. Psycho Cut can still be used more than 4 times, but instead, Trites will become Armored and set up a wall of traps to protect himself, occasionally aiming and launching out high-speed traps to deal damage.
- Heat Crash: Trites encases himself in a flaming aura, with his swords in front of him sticking out of the blaze. He charges at players to deal medium damage and having a 30% chance to inflict Burned for 6 seconds on contact.
- Burēkupointo: Trites will flash as he spins both of his swords in his hands. Following this, he will begin dashing from player to player within a 15 tile radius of each other rapidly, dealing light damage and inflicting Broken for 4 seconds. Once he reaches the final player in a chain, he will dash back to his original position and sheath his swords as "燃やす" in flaming text appears in the center of the screen then fades, as all players he struck take an additional amount of damage.
- False Triangle: Only used if there is a Tri-Angle in the room (not its upgrades, only the Tier 3 tank.) Trites will say something about the tanks giving the Tri-Angle a name that should be reserved for his beloved three-sided polygons, and attacks all of them in a fury, dealing critical to fatal damage to them. Only used once.
When Trites's trap launchers are disabled, he enters Phase 2. Trites moves significantly faster. He teleports into the center of the arena at the very beginning of Phase 2. Bullets fired at the hands will go through them, but not the swords, which retain their Phase 1 collision mechanics. Trites's Trap launchers once reaching Phase 2 will detach. Trites's hands are now showing signs of wear, while his helmet starts to crack on the sides and on the protrusion slightly.
During a boss summon, Trites will be invulnerable until the boss/bosses die. He can not attack while a boss is in session. After the bosses die, Trites will resume attacking until the loss of 6,500 HP has been reached. For every 6,500 HP lost, Trites will summon a boss or multiple bosses as the following:
Boss Spawning Order:
- At 33,000 HP: Defender
- At 26,500 HP: Two Tri-Seekers + Defender or Two Defenders + Tri-Seeker
- At 20,000 HP: Deltrablade + Two Tri-Seekers
- At 13,500 HP: Two Deltrablades or Five Tri-Seekers or Five Defenders
- At 7,000 HP: Two Deltrablades + Two Defenders or Two Deltrablades + Two Tri-Seekers or Three Deltrablades
- At 500 HP: Three Deltrablades, Three Tri-Seekers, Two Defenders
There is a 1 out of 5 chance for when a wave with a Deltrablade spawns, Trites will grab it as soon it comes out of the portal and throws it like a disc at a group of players, and only stopping once hitting the arena wall. The Deltrablade once hitting a wall will be inflicted with stunned and broken for 5 seconds. This is a 1 in 5 chance for EACH Deltrablade, so it could rarely occur twice in one wave. He will then become Invincible as normal, and the Deltrablade resumes attacking normally.
During the between sessions of the boss summoning, Trites will do these attacks randomly. If Trites reaches the 6,500 HP mark, he'll become invulnerable and wait for the attack to be finished. Remember that unlike the other Disciples, only Trites's hand weapons (his trap launchers) are disabled. He can still use his swords.
- Slash II: Trites swipes one of his swords out to the side and sweeps it back in to hit anything in the middle for medium-high damage. Faster than Slash, and repeated twice.
- Expand II: Trites holds his swords in an X formation in front of him for a split second, and sweeps both of his hands out to a fully open position AND back, hitting anything in the middle for medium-high damage. He is no longer vulnerable for a while after using this attack due to him moving his swords back to their original position.
- Sky Slash II: Trites jumps and lands in an area nearby, dealing low impact damage in a larger radius and high sword contact damage, with both swords held straight out in front of him. It also will inflict Paralyzed for 3 seconds to anything struck by the shockwave.
- Reversal Strike II: Trites tosses out both of his swords. The swords travel in an elongated figure 8 formation before returning to Trites's hands. The swords spin faster than before as they also travel faster, dealing medium damage. Repeated thrice.
- Razor II: Trites lunges at a group of players while both of his swords detach and begin to spin around him until it becomes a blur. Any bullets in contact to this will immediately be reflected with 120% speed, while drones and traps are annihilated upon contact. Players upon contact will suffer mass damage and be knocked back all the way across the arena. This attack lasts for 4 seconds. Once completed the animation will revert to him retaining the swords and continuing.
- Blade Thunder II: Trites holds up both of his swords, and electric sparks begin to form around them. He then swings both in a direction towards the most concentrated group of tanks. Series of lightning bolts strike beginning from the tip of the sword continuing all the way to the end of the arena. Each bolt has a 0.15-second delay upon striking. Bolts will do larger area damage, more concentrated near the center. Tanks within 18 tiles of the strike will be inflicted with medium-low damage and paralyzed, stunned, and blinded for 8 seconds.
- Blazing Curve II: Trites moves his swords into Expand's X-formation, and they get a blue-purple rapidly extending energy extension from their tips (longer than before) as Trites charges forward to deal medium damage and knockback. Players hit also are inflicted with Dazed for 4 seconds.
- X-Scissor II: Trites crosses his swords, but not up close to him like in other X-formation attacks. He gets as close as he can to players and wields his swords like a giant pair of scissors, trying to "cut" them up for high damage. This time, Trites will persist until he has tried six times. He also cuts significantly faster, so players' reaction times have to be higher to avoid the cut, which does the same amount of damage as before.
- Triple Crush II: Trites summons 15 large Tri-Blades or 21 small Tri-Blades or 12 XL Tri-Blades and sends them flying at players like ninja stars, three aimed with surprising accuracy at a time. Tri-Blades have their health and body damage stats boosted by an additional 10%.
- Super Slice II: Trites holds both swords together in both hands, holds the combined blade overhead, and slams it down on the nearest player with a guaranteed hit. The player is inflicted with damage equal to 7/8ths of their current health, so it will never kill them unless they have 1 HP.
- Tribeam II: The protrusion on which Trites's triangle gem is mounted starts spinning faster and faster. Trites stops moving, putting his swords in front of him to shield his arms from ammunition as the gem releases a wider triangle-shaped red-white laser beam that sweeps back and forth, at a 180-degree angle in front or behind Trites, then repeated on the other side. Its final attack is to do a full 360-degree sweep, moving in and out to cover as much area as it can. The beam deals medium-high damage on contact and inflicts Dazed for 5 seconds. It's also faster and now actually a threat that can't be easily avoided.
- Twin Rotor II: Trites hold both of his hands straight out, spinning his swords around as he spins into a blur. The spinning Trites dashes with an insane speed at players, inflicting high damage and knockback on contact. Lasts for 18 seconds, with up to 7 players targeted. His selection range is longer than before, although it's still fairly easy to avoid it if players stay away enough.
- Psycho Cut II: Trites releases his swords, and powered with spectral energy (represented by a purple-blue aura), they attack players on their own, using Slash II or combining to use X-Scissor II or Expand II. Trites will become Invincible in the meantime. They have 25% increased move speed and contact damage, too.
- Heat Crash II: Trites encases himself in a flaming aura, with his swords in front of him sticking out of the blaze. He charges at players to deal medium-high damage and having a 45% chance to inflict Burned for 7 seconds on contact.
- Burēkupointo II: Trites will flash as he spins both of his swords in his hands twice. Following this, he will raise a sword and create two clones, one on each side of him. All three begin dashing from player to player within a 15 tile radius of each other rapidly, dealing light damage and inflicting Broken for 4 seconds. Once the real Trites reaches the final player in a chain, he will dash back to his original position as his clones converge in on him, and sheath his swords. "燃やす" in flaming text appears in the center of the screen then fades as before, as all players he struck take an additional amount of damage. Trites will heal for half the damage each clone did. This healing aspect will only be in play for the first three instances of Burēkupointo II used, and from the fourth onward, he will instead be Armored for 5 seconds following the attack.
- Sharpen: Trites's swords flash white and gain a metallic sheen on their blades. They will now deal 10% more damage for the next 30 seconds. This attack can stack with following ones.
- Critical Strike: Trites pursues to slash three of the nearest players with his sword, slicing off and disabling any weapons the player possess and are inflicted with Bleeding for 40 seconds, while dealing very little damage to them. He stops for 2 seconds each time he begins a slash. If players were to be in the range while Trites is swinging, they will be dealt with heavy damage and additionally be inflicted with Bleeding, due to Trites's precise targeting of a player. Players that wield any hand-held weapons or certain body weapons will be disconnected from them, and are thrown across the ground. A red arrow/arrows will be pointing towards any dropped weapons that belongs to the tank, encouraging them to get them back as quickly as possible even though none will despawn. Smasher shells and top-mounted Auto Turrets are also broken by this attack, and in the former case, removes any body damage bonuses. Certain tanks are unaffected by this attack such as Mages, Auto-Drone Tanks, or certain melee classes. Tanks that fell victim to the attack may be able to pick up their lost weapons, but once doing so will then be inflicted with Stunned for 6 seconds. Lancers can immediately resume fighting once they pick up their lance, even those with other weapons. Smasher shells will regenerate completely after 30 seconds once being hit.
- Stance Chance II: Trites throws his swords out, and they link together at the hilt to form a double-bladed sword with a gem in the middle of the hilt before they return to him. He can use these attacks with this two-bladed sword:
- Slash III: Trites slashes one side of the sword back and forth, then flips it around and slashes the other side to do the same. It hits a total of 4 times on one target, with medium damage each time.
- Blade Cyclone: Trites tosses the sword out, and it spins in place with spectral energy (the same aura used in Psycho Cut), creating a mini vortex that sucks anything into the center hilt. It is just weak enough for players to escape getting hit by the blades if they are just outside them, but is strong enough to allow players who are caught in the sword vortex to get hit once for medium damage before getting stuck on the central hilt. After 5 seconds, the sword abruptly changes direction from clockwise to counterclockwise, tossing out players at high speed and dealing more low damage.
- Tesla: Trites stabs the sword into the floor by one of its blades, and holds the hilt as lightning strikes the top blade. A spread of 12 evenly spaced lightning bolts is fired out as a ranged attack at a long distance, inflicting very low damage and Paralyzed and Dazed for 9 seconds. This hits just about everyone in the room, given its long range.
- Gem Blast: The sword's gem glows a blinding white as Trites spins the sword once, leaving behind a trail of light from the blades, which are also glowing a medium white. It focuses into a beam, and Trites holds the sword in front of him as six thin white medium-long lasers appear, sweeping back and forth for medium-low damage for 8 seconds.
- Attack Slew: Trites performs a variety of swipes, sweeps, slashes, jabs, thrusts, and other sword fighting moves, along with the occasional spin. Lasts for long periods of time.
After three attacks have been performed, Trites tosses out the swords to disconnect them and returns to fighting with one sword in each hand.
- Hide and Seek: Trites summons 60-80 Swarm Seekers that chase down players. If they are summoned in clumps of 10, so a well-aimed Destroyer-sized shot of adequate penetration can decimate an entire group. Otherwise, they can be summoned in random locations around Trites individually, with about 10 spawned a second.
- Living Inferno: One of Trites's swords glows an orange-red color, and a massive flame appears from it like a flamethrower. While the fire does hold a definite shape like a medieval knight's sword, it still flickers back and forth minimally. Trites lets the flame out to twist and turn like a raging dragon, curving in all directions towards fleeing players (or non-fleeing, if they really are that stupid.) It inflicts Burning for as long as players are in contact with it (it is released as a disconnected serpentine flame and moves fairly fast.) There are no aftereffects, and after 10 seconds, the flame will return to Trites's sword and dissipate.
When Trites reaches the 500 HP mark, and after the bosses are defeated, Trites initiates his final phase. He will do a powered-up Tribeam attack, only using a 360-degree sweep in and out continuously. The laser beam is much faster and deals a lot more damage, and will extend out to even the farthest of players to try and hit them. Trites is still actively attacking with his abilities while firing the beam.
The Tri-Blades from the entrance will sprout lances from their concave sides, and charge at players to attack and deal damage. Each has 1,200 health. Just deal enough damage to Trites, and it will be over, as it isn't necessary to destroy these Tri-Blades to finish the battle.
If every tank present during Trites's final moment has died, he will remain in the arena, tired and warn out from his use of attacks. He remains silent as the screen fades.
However, if Trites's HP finally reaches 0, he kneels down and white cracks begin forming all around his body, with any triangle in range around him starting to lose their color, turning into shades of gray. Trites then suddenly vaporizes with a white flash on the screen, leaving only the helmet and both his now damaged swords behind on top of a pile of ashes. All triangles and polygons associated with them in a massive radius around the death of Trites will have reduced HP and resistances. Any triangle-based bosses/mini-bosses that were present near the fortress where Trites has been defeated will significantly reduce in HP and Resistances, and many Triangle nests will stop spawning triangles for a long time around its destruction area...
*To be added*