Hello everyone! It has been a while since our last WU, but our Wiki has not been idle; Staff Members rise & fall, Projects abound, a Sandbox gathering is in preparation, & the great machine that is the Diep.io Wiki grinds ever onward as its Code Administrators labor to improve its function amidst the many new things coming from FANDOM. Dive in, & see what you have missed!
The next Wiki Sandbox is scheduled for Saturday July 28th, 11 AM – 1PM Eastern Time (UTC 15:00 to 17:00). We hope to see lots of people attend!
Tank of the “Week”!
Discord servers for ATWNM and EToD
Zathsu has opened a separate Discord server for development for what was formerly the Tale of Diep, now A Tale Where Nothing Matters. She welcomes all people to join! Diepmon has also opened another server for the Extended Tale of Diep. Check his server out too!
An End of The Tale of Diep
From the Fan Ideas Page to an entire Discord server; from “Boss Tank” to “Son of Domakav”; the Tale of Diep namespace has officially been retired as development for The Tale of Diep, or rather, A Tale Where Nothing Matters as it is now called, has officially been moved off-Wiki to . The Tale of Diep has been, and will always be a shining paragon of Fanon pages, as its well-planned ideas, witty compilation, and intriguing concepts have proven, even during the days of DCoW. Since development has been moved elsewhere, the pages on the Wiki are now left behind as a memorial of our former Senior Administrator Zathsu, and all her contributions to the Wiki as a whole. Rest in peace, the Tale of Diep. You shall remain in the hearts of many, and continue to shine as one of the brightest amongst a sea of Fanon.
Promotions and Demotions
Listing Lists to Listeners
A while back, our unordered lists got some nice restyling. More recently, this styling was improved, but now it’s completely overhauled! Ursuul has created a new FANDOM Developers Wiki stylesheet, AlternatingLists, to customize the way they appear. Not only does this restyle our lists, but it also can be easily customized if you dislike what we’ve chosen—see the configuration section for more details, which you can implement in personal CSS.
Our MediaWiki:Common.js configuration (which causes most of the slowness on-site) was reduced from 19,939 bytes to a mere 2,460 loading on all pages. All told, half of all our Imports were also removed, hopefully optimizing load times. Only in the Special, User, Project, User Blog, Message Wall, and Thread namespaces do most (some were uninstalled permanently) of them still load, meaning that on article pages (including the Home page), Fanon pages, and Arras pages they will not be slowing down load times since these were all scripts that were not needed in those areas.
- The Anon Tags function was also moved to Tags.js, and a bug that caused it to crash was fixed.
- VIP Tags were removed from Interlanguage Administrators, with only Spanish and Chinese Admins retaining them.
- MVP Tags were merged into VIP Tags.
- Former Staff Tags were converted into a Medal, although they still keep their custom colors in honor of their service.
- Tolerated Alt Tags were discontinued; an archived list can be found at MediaWiki:Custom-Alts.
- Edit Farmer Tags were discontinued, and our three farmers were forgiven.
- Styles & scripts that are now namespace-specific
- Installed scripts
- Uninstalled scripts
- DisableBotMessageWalls (now handled by MediaWiki:Staff.css | JS configuration also removed)
- LockOldBlogs (configuration also removed)
- SignatureCheck (configuration also removed)
- Standalone functions that were removed
- Kill Anon Comments (now handled by MediaWiki:Wikia.css)
- Reorder SUG
- ReferencePopups configuration (now they can be personally customized however users like)
- PIs, Rail Modules, and Tabbers were rounded to match the new WDS buttons post-Global Nav update.
- Many common styles now use , making theming easier.
- Remnant Monobook-related code was removed.
- Relative font sizes were introduced in many areas.
- Category Galleries were Diepified (example).
- Help pages no longer have borders around them.
- Template:BaseStats was standardized in width.
- Tale of Diep themes were removed as development has ceased.
- MediaWiki:Themes.css now also uses CSS Variables.
- Social areas
- The Forum sort dropdown was Diepified.
- Forum Topics (displayed on articles) were Diepified, in addition to Topic buttons in threads.
- Closed thread warnings were Diepified.
- BlogList headers were tweaked.
- WDS buttons and Modules
- Most WDS buttons were rounded, matching the Global Nav update WDS buttons.
- Primary buttons were fixed.
- A bug where WDS buttons transitioned instantly, instead of gradually, was fixed.
- SeeMoreActivityButton became an arrow instead of a button.
- The ReferencePopups configuration link was moved below the Interlanguage Module.
- The ReferencePopups panel was Diepified.
- The WikiActivity Hot Spots Module was Diepified, and the feed in general has new icons.
- Some Rail Modules (namely the content-review module) were given replacement icons.
- Gadgets completely failed for a time, but were restored thanks to FANDOM Staff.
- The Scrollbar and WikiaBar Gadgets were updated to use CSS Variables.
- A plethora of WDS Buttons bugs were fixed, including but not limited to:
- Global Nav being discolored.
- Search bar in the Global Nav being broken.
- Special:Search being broken.
- ContribsButtons being broken.
- Sign Out Button being broken.
- BlogLink links and personal links in general being discolored.
- Et cetera; although some bugs still remain to be fixed, so report bugs to Nobellion.
- Link Templates were cleaned up to remove old Monobook parameters.
- Community-corner links were fixed and made protocol-relative.
- The Community-to-do-list visible in Special:Community is no longer collapsed.
- TOD-theme-related parameters were removed from numerous templates.
One Announcement (feature) to rule them all…
FANDOM has released a new feature to unite all of the methods of announcing things to people, Announcements! What a creative name! The format is simple: any moderator can go to the , also accessible from the AdminDashboard (which is ironically now available to Moderators as well), and post a simple link to any URL you want (so long as it has a
*.fandom.com subdomain). However, note that there can only be one Announcement at a time, as these notifications will be visible to all users who have edited the Diep.io Wiki in the past 90 days wherever they are on FANDOM, like Discussions notifications, and more Announcements could overwhelm cross-Wiki users.
On the Diep.io Wiki, this feature will be used to announce new WUs (initially in conjunction with the existing WikiaNotifications). Announcements will be seen via the on-site notifications (the bell at the top right of the screen) from now onward. You’ll continue to be able to see new WUs in the Home page, Project:Wiki Updates, and in the right rail as normal; however, eventually Announcements will replace Forum’s Highlight tool, and all other forms of announcements such as Community Messages.
The Global Navigation has been redesigned to be sleeker and more consistent with current FANDOM branding, with a navy blue background and aqua Rubik text. If it burns your eyeballs, try out one of the many themes on the Dev Wiki, such as BlendGlobalNav
which is definitely not made by me and obviously not just shameless self-promotion. Seriously though, if you don’t like the default then check out some of the new themes! There’s more than ever :D
- This update was accompanied with a host of unexpected issues, such as one that made all icons ridiculously large, practically taking up a quarter of the screen. Thanks to our custom icon implementation however, we got through without a single bug! Huzzah for the Diep.io Wiki!
HTTPS for “Illegal Foreign Aliens”
One last thing of note (wow FANDOM has been busy this summer): HTTPS is soon to be available for foreign language Wikis! This is good if you visit any non-English wikis, as full security is coming soon. Note that this is only possible with a new URL structure due to the nature of HTTPS support for subdomains, so for example
es.diepio.wikia.com will become
diepio.wikia.com/es. A small price to pay for your password not being intercepted!
- Written by Banarama